• Yellow Card

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Red Card

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
I am amazed it has got to Sunday night and nobody has created a thread about this. I was surprised when Rooney was red carded and even more surprised when Van Gaal backed up the referee. Am I the only one who thought it should have been yellow?

The Referee Store
No surprise for me, right in front of the ref, groin high kick of an opponent = Red card for VC all day long.

After the match (Match of the Day interview) Van Gal said Rooney had attempted a "professional foul" (sic) - just bloody trip him discreetly next time like everyone else does.

Surely it would have to be EF rather than VC as VC has to be off the ball and not involved in a tackle?

Red all day long. There is no need to be kicking out as high as he did.

Idiot, especially as he's in my fantasy football team.

I am amazed it has got to Sunday night and nobody has created a thread about this. I was surprised when Rooney was red carded and even more surprised when Van Gaal backed up the referee. Am I the only one who thought it should have been yellow?

What exactly would you be cautioning him for?

This thread has to be a joke... come on lad even with those red glasses on... lol

Just heard on MOTD 2, Wayne and Van Gaal has even admitted it was a red card!

Red card for a petulant 'I'm too fat and can't catch him' kick out at an opponent by the troll like disgrace that wears the captains armband for our country.

Reactions: ELP
Hardly worth chipping in now - but I for one was delighted that the ref recognised that for what it was - cynical, dangerous and excessive force. RC for SFP every time for me - and a brave decision that's been vindicated.

Back