A&H

World Cup Saudi Arabia - Egypt

alexgr

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
For those of you sad enough like me to watch two games at the same time - 2 penalties in the first half for Saudi Arabia.

VAR recommends a review on the second, ref goes over to look, and upholds his original decision!

One thing I hate about the process of checking penalty decisions is that the entire opposition still stay in the penalty area while it's being checked, distracting the taker etc., some even tried to peer into the VAR area as the ref was checking the screen. Still things that need tightening up

The Referee Store
VAR recommends a review on the second, ref goes over to look, and upholds his original decision!

He cautioned the offender as well didn't he? I didn't see it live, but I've seen some of the reactions to the incident.

Both totally wrong for me. On the second one the attacker has told of the defender, how he can go and watch that and still say it was a penalty is beyond me..

Both totally wrong for me. On the second one the attacker has told of the defender, how he can go and watch that and still say it was a penalty is beyond me..
Definitely more of a foul on the defender than the other way around, I was sure he would overturn it.

Maybe he saw that they were both pulling and decided to punish the more serious offence according to restart (penalty)?

Back