A&H

School game

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
Hi all,

I work at a secondary school in PE and I tend to ref a few of the home fixtures. One I have been asked to ref on Thursday is a Year 9 (Under 14s) girls 7-a-side game.

My question is, is this mini-soccer rules or normal lotg?

Thanks in advance gents

The Referee Store
I’d expect normal rules, but there should be a page/PDF that explains school rules for the appropriate ages from your local County FA. That’s where I learned the rules for my Schools Cup games

I don't think it is a county game. As far as I'm away it is a local school district competition

I checked the ESFA website. The competition doesn't appear on there. (Although I could just be a moron who can't see it)

Yeah I couldn't see anything concerning 7 a side on there either.

We have a member on here @RefJef who is generally clued-up about schools football (he's a teacher himself). Might be worth PMing him(?) Although I get that your match is actually tomorrow .... :bite: :cool:

Hi all,

I work at a secondary school in PE and I tend to ref a few of the home fixtures. One I have been asked to ref on Thursday is a Year 9 (Under 14s) girls 7-a-side game.

My question is, is this mini-soccer rules or normal lotg?

Thanks in advance gents
Who organises this competition? Surely there will be someone from the organising body you can contact and ask.

If it's not an organised competition then pick the rules form any 7 a side competition you can find on the web. It shouldn't make a difference .

I suspect that this will “just” be a game between two schools, rather than part of a competition.

Just speak with both mangers/coaches/teachers before the game and ask them what format you want to play (or tell them what the rules/laws will be.)

Most school competitions (at least the “big ones”) are over now for this season.

The school I work at hasn't finished and I am led to believe that this may be a final

In which case (its a final) then:

a) it should be a neutral ref ref-ing it, not you (I have interpreted your post to imply it will be school game involving your school)

b) there will be a competition organiser who will be able to give you the rules.

All the ISFA competitions have finished for this season, most of the ESFA ones have, and those that haven’t will have neutrals appointed but ESFA, so if it is ESFA ask them. More likely it will be a County Cup, so try googling “name of County” schools FA

Reactions: Kes
In which case (its a final) then:

a) it should be a neutral ref ref-ing it, not you (I have interpreted your post to imply it will be school game involving your school)

b) there will be a competition organiser who will be able to give you the rules.

All the ISFA competitions have finished for this season, most of the ESFA ones have, and those that haven’t will have neutrals appointed but ESFA, so if it is ESFA ask them. More likely it will be a County Cup, so try googling “name of County” schools FA

I think with the local district competition, the home team has to organise the referee. I share the duties with another member of staff.

I reffed the game, only difference was no offsides. All went well, and it was easy because I knew the other school as I had worked there previously

Back