A&H

Semi Naked Player

Anthony

Level 5 Referee
Unfortunately I had to send off two adult players at the weekend from the same side related to the same incident neither who went quietly. Then they refused to vacate the vicinity despite me very clearly asking and saying I would not restart the match until they did. This went on for quite a few minutes when one of the players undressed down to his underwear and proclaimed that he was now a "civilian" and could stay.
They both eventually left the area - bizarre reaction.

Have you had any unusual incidents, not necessarily featuring players undressing?

The Referee Store
Anthony ...very similar one a few seasons ago player sent off in second half for a poor tackle

put his tracksuit on and stood on the terracing beside the dugout shouting abuse at every call I made

at the next stoppage

asked him to leave the area only to be told" im in the crowd now mate watching the game you can do f..k all about you havnt got a clue " or words to that effect

I then said to the manager you have 1 minute from now to get him away from away from here or this game is getting abandoned

he was persuaded to leave ..

onus is always on the manager when it comes to players and spectators

Just out of interest what did all the other players do when he'd stripped off. I know at the time it wasn't, but reading that it sounds proper funny!

Just out of interest what did all the other players do when he'd stripped off. I know at the time it wasn't, but reading that it sounds proper funny!
It was so stressful at the time as their team were in my face telling me it was down to me to remove them, I had just been sworn at by the two red carded players, it was impossible to find humour in the situation.

Can imagine it was stressful. Refereeing alone on a pitch surrounded by idiots can be a lonely place.

I have already moaned about one of my weekend games around various threads on here, so won't repeat it. Be strong, stand your ground, stick to your guns. Take pride in the fact you did your job properly in the face of intense pressure. Put the reports in and let the Cfa do its job.

It was so stressful at the time as their team were in my face telling me it was down to me to remove them, I had just been sworn at by the two red carded players, it was impossible to find humour in the situation.

I totally get that. It can be pretty awful as it's really them against us for some reason. Although the idea they are saying it's down to you as the ref to remove a half naked man once again proves how stupid some players are.

Thinking about it I would have just shouted "Shirts verses skins. Rush and fly goalkeepers. Next goal is the winner!"

Back