A&H

Slovakia vs England Referee

Darius

RefChat Addict
What did everyone make of his performance? I described at as if he was doing it for club marks on a Sunday morning

The Referee Store
He did something quite funny early on with a throw in down by the corner flag. A ball from a corner had been cleared in the middle of the park, which should have been the refs shout as to who's throw in it was. However, obviously poor AR has not had a call, no hand signal from the ref and AR just goes with the old logic of "if in doubt, defensive throw in"

Ref then overruled him. Looked park football.

What did you make of the walcott (?) offside/goal. I thought Theo was offside from the original pass anyway, but thoughts on the overrule?

It wasn't a good day at the office for Milorad Mazic. Starting with the ridiculous cross on a throw in with the assistant (why didn't they speak over the comms), something that I'd be worried about seeing at grass roots level.

Then the main problems stem from Martin Skrtel. Having already been correctly cautioned he then clearly pulled back Harry Kane, and just to make sure he stopped him he pushed him in the back and then also tripped him. I am at a loss as to how this wasn't even a free kick and can only assume that the referee knew Skrtel would be off so decided to take the easier route and not give the free kick. He committed another very late challenge after an England player got past him on the left touchline. The when he was finally sent off it was for a second yellow, whereas it really should have been a straight red as he clearly and obviously stamped on Harry Kane's leg.

In terms of Walcott's disallowed goal I think they got it spot on, I just don't know how they managed it. It took several TV replays to show that the pass had deflected off of Sturridge, so either the assistant has unbelievable eyesight or he got extremely lucky. I'm erring towards the latter, but I guess no one will ever know.

Skrtels been riding his luck since the Euros where he should have seen red against Wales....

Back