A&H

Sock tape

Yampy

RefChat Addict
You'd think with all the millions of pounds invested in the Premier League, they'd be able to provide sock tape in the same colour as the socks?
Mertesacker and Ramsey prime culprits this afternoon. Not exactly helping the grassroot ref is it?

The Referee Store
I was fishing! I wouldn't be getting interested in sock tape or undergarments on a Sunday morning.

i don't usually say mucha bout sock tape or under garments unless its obviously on show, excessive use of tape or it clashes with the opposition

My OP was more a comment on how a football club owned by two billionaires, recognised as one of the richest in Europe, with a multi-million pound kit deal, can't find a roll of tape to match their socks. Gold is not Yellow specially when that Yellow is more akin to Norwich City's kit.

My OP was more a comment on how a football club owned by two billionaires, recognised as one of the richest in Europe, with a multi-million pound kit deal, can't find a roll of tape to match their socks. Gold is not Yellow specially when that Yellow is more akin to Norwich City's kit.

Yes but then you linked it to grass roots.

Yes but then you linked it to grass roots.
If a megabucks football club can't find appropriate sock tape, it provides players from grassroots club which genuinely struggles with finance, another excuse to argue.
Only 3 hours earlier, I had a player with red tape on black socks (they were using red/black striped tops) and he protested at my equipment check when I asked him to replace it with black. "I can't afford it, ref, it's all I have". He only relented when I suggested he speak to his team mates who had no trouble with using black tape on their socks and the small fact, I said he couldn't play until it was changed.
If the Premier League flaunts these laws with low standards, where do we go with grassroots?

and a quick google check confirms to me that they don't produce a gold sock tape ... your argument is null and void ...

Back