A&H

Southampton v Brighton

The Referee Store
According to Google, JWP has a 7.14% conversion rate from FKs. That does sound low and not sure about the timescale. Regardless, I fancy I'd have a better conversion rate from 12 yards than that................. and my seasonal ambition was usually to score more goals than own-goals! :oops:

Reactions: es1
Snap shot with goalkeeper advancing and two defenders in the way... or a direct free kick from a central position 17 metres from goal, and with the attacking team including the best dead ball striker in the league.
It wasn't a 'snap shot' and he beat the two defenders before having a clear unobstructed shot from 12 yards.

If you think, however 'good' the player is, a shot from 18 yards with a wall in the way and the GK 'set' is an 'advantage', then its your call obviously, but not one I can agree with or would favour if it happened in one of my games.

It wasn't a 'snap shot' and he beat the two defenders before having a clear unobstructed shot from 12 yards.

If you think, however 'good' the player is, a shot from 18 yards with a wall in the way and the GK 'set' is an 'advantage', then its your call obviously, but not one I can agree with or would favour if it happened in one of my games.
Have another look, Paul - goalkeeper closed the shot, one defender was back and sliding in behind the goalkeeper, and the shot was rushed.

Have another look, Paul - goalkeeper closed the shot, one defender was back and sliding in behind the goalkeeper, and the shot was rushed.
We're going to have to agree to disagree I think.

When you say 'closed' you mean 'saved' I guess, not sure that has any bearing on the decision, you don't have to score with an advantage, obviously!

ONE defender was back, sliding in you say, as opposed to the FIVE in the wall 10 yards away right in front of the ball for the fk!

Too close for Ward Process he nearly always whips them.

Just to help others, surely the general view is that we do NOT have to second guess who a) the attacking team's free kick taker might be, b) form an opinion on how good he might be at taking free kicks and c) decide if the position of the free kick suits him/her????????????????

SLIGHT case of over thinking it here I believe!

Should we also think about how tall the defenders in the wall would be and how good the keeper is in set pieces?

Back