A&H

Spectator

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
I had an issue today where an adult from the away side following a goal against his side shouted at my NAR ‘****ing Joke’.

I went over to him and he was standing next to the manager. I asked the manager if he was a named club official or not. He said no. So I said that he needs to leave the area as he is not a club official and he has just shouted and sworn at my NAR. For context we are in a park with no technical areas.

He refused to leave so I told the manager that it was his responsibility to make him leave or the game risked being abandoned.

The guy eventually left / moved to a different area and I played out the last 2 minutes.

The captain spoke to me at the end of the game and asked me if I was going to report his assistant manager. I told him that I was told he was a spectator and I would be reporting him. Had I be told he was a club official I would have carded him.

I am going to write a misconduct report but if there anything I should have done differently / add to the report?

Thanks

The Referee Store
I had an issue today where an adult from the away side following a goal against his side shouted at my NAR ‘****ing Joke’.

I went over to him and he was standing next to the manager. I asked the manager if he was a named club official or not. He said no. So I said that he needs to leave the area as he is not a club official and he has just shouted and sworn at my NAR. For context we are in a park with no technical areas.

He refused to leave so I told the manager that it was his responsibility to make him leave or the game risked being abandoned.

The guy eventually left / moved to a different area and I played out the last 2 minutes.

The captain spoke to me at the end of the game and asked me if I was going to report his assistant manager. I told him that I was told he was a spectator and I would be reporting him. Had I be told he was a club official I would have carded him.

I am going to write a misconduct report but if there anything I should have done differently / add to the report?

Thanks
You handled it well. Add all the above details when you report the matter.

Yes, as Rusty said, spell it out to the FA on WGS that he said he wasn't a club official. It will make the world of difference with the sanction.

Make sure to include what the captain told you at the end. It makes it clear he (the assistant manager) and the manager lied to you

Last edited:
Back