A&H

Splitting headache after game

The Referee Store
How's your fitness? I tend to get headaches after I push myself too hard when exercising, so perhaps something to do with pushing yourself too hard?

As @haywain says though, best to check with your GP if this is happening on a regular basis.

Drink water - lots of it. I find that sometimes this is also the case, but after drinking quite a bit of water (slowly and sipping), it seems to go away!

Dehydration or too much sun (especially were it is in your eyes). +1 to getting it checked out if it recurs

Dehydration or too much sun (especially were it is in your eyes). +1 to getting it checked out if it recurs

Thanks all. I may try different hydration pattern next week and see if it re occurs. Not sure what else to do.

Done 4.5L of fluid today which in my mind should be plenty so not sure.

Just to give a timescale my match today kicked off at 10:30 and my headache is just about disappearing now... Maybe over did it today as I was pushing myself with positioning and fitness.

Water, water and some more water. Had two games in hot weather and have been chucking the stuff down my neck. From experience of work in some very hot places indeed it's worth chucking water down your neck until you pee clear.

Be careful though as needing a pee mid game is uncomfortable. If you do hydrate then it may be worth speaking to the doctor.

4.5 litres? I climbed a mountain in Africa and was only on 3 litres a day! I'll probably go through about 500 ml pre game/at half time, obviously a bit more if it's hot.

I find that asking the players to stand equally spaced around the centre circle facing outwards whilst i pee on the centre mark makes it less uncomfortable

I just let it go and run down my leg. On a cold winters game there is a certain warmth that comes from lagging yourself.

I just let it go and run down my leg. On a cold winters game there is a certain warmth that comes from lagging yourself.
Never done a vinny jones? Walk up next to a player who is getting on your nerves at a restart and urinate in his pocket? :)

Back