Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Cant believe hes done it for a 3rd time. Had a bite of Chiellini's shoulder

Any ideas on punishment?

The Referee Store
Unfortunately the maximum ban is 2 years, but FIFA have no choice but to "throw the book at him". He's an absolute nutcase

Life ban followed by a slow and painful death ;)
Is it against the LOTG to give him a yellow before the game starts just in case??:p

He is a superb player but clearly needs lots of help controlling himself! Would hope its a long ban because that way he might learn......... I hope!

Oh dear. There should be a member of staff with the Uruguay team who's only job is to make sure Suarez is fed during breaks in the game... Oranges, bananas or just a raw steak if Luis is feeling frustrated. :)

He will get a 6 month ban I reckons.

"Video evidence is inconclusive.... Referee took no action at the time....we deem this to be sufficient...seen by the assistant referee...." Just crystal balling :hmmm:

Can't believe that he's done it again. The situation isn't helped by those defending him either; Diego Lugano claims it didn't happen and the Uruguayan media are saying that it's all part of an English conspiracy! :hmmm:

He'll definitely be banned for the rest of the WC, but knowing FIFA I can't see it being anything more serious. Should get a minimum of a six month ban from ALL football!

I'd like to think that an incident like that... in a World Cup that FIFA will go to town with a ban and MASSIVE fine (Didn't Nicklas Bendtner get a £80k fine for having Paddy Power 'LUCKY' pants once at a World Cup...?) so surely a bite would attract a MUCH bigger fine?

Also FIFA have look at this past convictions for the same incident... whatever FIFA decide to do or not to do (I suspect the latter) it will drag on and be appealled... it will be interesting if FIFA impose a total football ban as opposed to just international..

bet he wont get anymore punishment than he has already served previously, another 10 games in my opinion. Will this be all footy or just internationals???

Whatever he gets it must be for all football. It really should be a life ban but FIFA don't have the power. It really does need Liverpool to sack him and claim back some money from him for breach of contract. Disgusting behaviour.

I think they need to forget who he is and treat him like anyone, think if Howard Webb would have bitten someone, he would be sent home and have his FIFA badge taken away, but most likely Suarez will only get a short ban.

As a Liverpool supporter I can only say this. Get a grip gents! He's a misunderstood genius and he gets hungry during the game from time to time. That is the cost of greatness!!

Lol on the other hand a long ban does seem in order. :D

I think they need to forget who he is and treat him like anyone, think if Howard Webb would have bitten someone, he would be sent home and have his FIFA badge taken away, but most likely Suarez will only get a short ban.

That's got me laughing, can't get the image of him just turning round and biting a player out of my head! :D

Oh dear. There should be a member of staff with the Uruguay team who's only job is to make sure Suarez is fed during breaks in the game... Oranges, bananas or just a raw steak if Luis is feeling frustrated. :)

He will get a 6 month ban I reckons.
I thought you were going to offer him a snicker! After all, he has turned into a diva!

Back