A&H

The amount of games.

jordan clarkson

Jordan Clarkson.
Level 5 Referee
Hi all,

Hows things? i was just quickly wondering if you can all give me your opinions?
right, for example a referee officiates a game on a saturday afternoon, Three games on a sunday, school/college games through the week and is back to the weekend of 4 games over two days.

Does anyone else think this is way to much? i personally think 1, maybe 2 fa

The Referee Store
*2 games on a sunday is enough, there is no way a referee can put his all into three games on one sunday.

Depends what else you've got to do... If you're fit enough and have enough time then why not!

i personally believe it is to much, no way can a referee do three games on a sunday and cover as much as they would if they only did the one of two, but i suppose if you're out of job and need some cash..

i arent saying i do it for the money i dont? but some officials in my region do and have openly admitted to doing it for the money. I referee to succeed and to get a career out of it. i do two games a weekend. one on a saturday and one on a sunday:)

I used to be one of those guys Jordan. I was 14-18 years old. Game on a Sat, 3 on a Sunday and (when I turned 16), 1 mid-week.

Same money as mates who worked part-time but it was far more enjoyable and worthwhile refereeing.

Money-aside, I was an incredibly fit young man (I played Academy football, which ended up putting refereeing on hold) and was able to cover the ground easily on all the games.

If you're fit enough, why not?

Just before Christmas I managed 5 in one week:

3 on Saturday
2 on Sunday.

Yes it took up some time but I enjoyed all 5 of those games

Most I've done is 7 in a week.

Tuesday: school national cup
Wednesday: junior game
Saturday: 3 junior games
Sunday: 2 junior games

At 17 years of age I did, 2 on a Saturday, 2 on a Sunday, then 4.5 hours of 7 a side 5 nights a week.

No way on earth I could do that now

If you're fit enough, why not?

I'd love to be able to do three in a day but unfortunately there aren't that many leagues/matches... Would the 3 games be 10:30, 2pm and 5pm or something like that?

Mine were 10, 12 (both under 12's so only 30 minute halves) and then 2:30 (35 minute halves under 14's)

We do it for tournaments and the like - shorter games give you more options I guess.
Did 7 x 30e/w games in two days last season, last one was a semi final and the eight was AR on the final.

I've done a 9am, midday and 4pm Saturday then a 10am, 2.30pm, 5.30pm Sunday. All youth football mind you, but still, an absolute killer and never again. Would never do more than 2/day now.

Back