A&H

The Match Official Blog - Friendly Match Homesdale v West Wickham

When I get this fixture I think oh it's only down the road as Homesdale school is close by. As always I ask for directions - the match is in bromley.

After a very stressful and tiring 10 days at work and some very sad family news on my girlfriend side I leave home at 12.30. Mr TOM TOM says it will take 45 minutes to get there. PERFECT for a 3pm KO.

I get to the ground at about 1315. The ground was slightly off the main road but the big road sign helped. There a few people already there so I put my bag in the changing room and take a look at the pitch, nice pitch and clearly just cut, lets hope my hayfever is not affected. I notice a bonfire in the corner of the pitch, lets hope the smoke does not affect the game - I doubt it with the size of it.

I seemed to be waiting for ages for the ref and asst ref to turn up. The ref turns up about 2pm and the other asst shortly after. Changing room is a bit small but we coped.
The ref didn't want to warm up so me and the asst go out and do a few sprints and stretches while catching up. I know him from my RA but were unaware we had this game together!

We head back in and I'm worried about my phone. Not that it will get stolen, far from it. I wanted to measure how far I would run on the line during the game, but my planning for this was not great as the battery was quite low. I tell the other asst of my plan and he seems quite interested. I set it up using the Run Keeper app.

No real instructions from the ref - fine happy with that.

I get out onto the FOP and press start - NO!!!! I forgot to turn off the music!! I laugh now but what a nightmare! I try to ignore it - not happening. what do I do?? thankfully the ball goes OOP and I manage to turn off my phone. Let's worry about that at HT. The 1st half ends and we head in. Nothing major to talk about. I sort out my phone and thinking lets hope it works. The ref has a change and I run the bench side in 2nd half, fine by me again nothing major in 2nd to note. I knew it was getting very close to the end of the game and Holmesdale who are 2-0 give away a penalty. West Wickham score and that was the last kick of the game.

I stop the app and it looks like it worked. We get back to the changing room and the app says I have run 0.91 miles. I had no idea what to expect but as this worked well I plan on doing this most, if not all my games.

Points learned:
Still need to improve speed and fitness
Make sure the music it turned of on APP
It didn't feel right not having my yellow/red card in pocket even if asst ref - must take them out

3826774057252439822-4822625832085970134

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back