A&H

The Referee - Looking towards the new season

This summer has been a strange one for me, it’s the first time since 1994 that I have not started a season as an active referee. I am still registered and hope to do a few games, but I have not actually registered with a league. After last season taking the decision to step down to level 5 due to family and work commitments, I have changed jobs but further extended my family so time has not increased.
That is not to say that I wont be involved at all. This season for me it will be assessing on the supply league and for the county, while also developing as a Tutor for the FA. Unfortunately I have not been able to be involved in the summer courses the county have been running as I don’t have the holiday to take the time of from work. However I am scheduled to be involved in September with 2 weekend courses. Tutoring is something I find so much fun and rewarding, I would like to really push on and develop to a level 2 but unfortunately that’s a week-long residential course which really I wont be able to do for a few years.

Filed under: Football Tagged: Football Association
b.gif

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back