A&H

Thought's? Silly Boy

Perhaps instead of a referee strike(as discussed elsewhere) we should have a zero tolerance weekend. While CFAs might not like a strike, having their coffers swelled by a 1000% increase in disciplinary action would probably be greeted warmly!

The Referee Store
Let's be honest if we punished each slight bit of dissent with a yellow we would have maximum 5 players left without a caution my end of game!

Love the idea SM but I insist on commission

I have to say I detest the constant rugby/football comparison.

Two different games using different FOP, equipment, scoring, goals 'tackling', intensity, length of play....pretty much everything?

For me it's a bit like saying 'tennis umpires wouldn't put up with that'. Maybe not but we're not comparing eggs with eggs.

I think we're all in agreement we collectively take action on the FOP to punish dissent using the stepped method but at the moment that is all we can do. Until the FA, UEFA or FIFA decide they want to get serious to stamp out all forms of dissent from the top down that's the only option we have.

Interesting debate and please remember I was never shy about pulling out a yellow card for dissent, BUT neither the useless or don't want to talk to you comment would have made me reach for my pocket.

I'd have brought the player in with lots of whistle, possibly with the captain alongside and then talked to the captain, roasted the player (through the captain) and let him know how lucky he is. We'd have cracked on with the throw-in. I was never last week's ref and I cracked down hard on proper abuse.

In rugby the rules are applied uniformly without leaving each referee to "his own" or making excuses for players (etc fustration).
can you do me a favor opayin and point to me the place in the rugby laws of the game that talks about what is worthy of a red card and what is worthy of a yellow?

As knights of the whistle, we have a clear choice. We can stop this if we want. Some of us enjoy the status quo and almost think its a badge of honour to put up with dissent/abuse. It's worrying when a referee thinks he has a responsibility to keep 22 players on the pitch. That's the responsibility of the players and managers. When I read online about referees complaining about dissent/foul behaviour/abuse from teams, I always chuckle. Put up with it or get out!

Yes opayin no one is disputing that. What is being disputed is your attitude to everything being OFFINABUS... Such as useless"

Yes it needs to be enforced but more importantly it needs to be enforced correctly and consistently.

Back