A&H

Tranmere vs Newcastle

The Referee Store
I think we'd all agree that VAR would have rightly been getting involved on that one!

On live viewing I thought yellow, referee can be forgiven for not having a great view, AR would have the best view.

I'd love to hear the comms!

Can he be forgiven? Angle wise, yes

Proximity wise, not so sure.

Instead of spot the ball, lets play, spot the ref......

in his defence, it was a kick to gk which we expect to then go long, however, the presence of the attacker is our alarm bell and we need to be alert and aware enough to adjust to best suit

Attachments

• E5FF7B67-8659-4553-A541-7CDDE0C89E91.png
    E5FF7B67-8659-4553-A541-7CDDE0C89E91.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
I don't agree. From what I have seen so far in EPL it is very unpredictable when they get involved.

The clip is geo blocked for me but the point still stands.
100% agree
No guarantee whatsoever with anything subjective. It was SFP but I've seen VAR turn a blind eye to a lot worse

I don't agree. From what I have seen so far in EPL it is very unpredictable when they get involved.

The clip is geo blocked for me but the point still stands.
Okay - I think we'd all agree that VAR should rightly be getting involved on this one ;)

Charging in at speed, straight-legged lunge directly at the opponent, buries his studs halfway up the opponent's shin. I don't think any fair-minded person watching the replay from the angle shown here isn't going red.

1.png
2.png

Can he be forgiven? Angle wise, yes

Proximity wise, not so sure.

Instead of spot the ball, lets play, spot the ref......

in his defence, it was a kick to gk which we expect to then go long, however, the presence of the attacker is our alarm bell and we need to be alert and aware enough to adjust to best suit
Yes, angle more than proximity. Hence the AR would likely have the better view, due to the angle.

Definite red with the benefit of replays, but real time they aren't easy to spot. Would VAR have got involved? With the "high bar" in play this season I suspect not.

Definite red with the benefit of replays, but real time they aren't easy to spot. Would VAR have got involved? With the "high bar" in play this season I suspect not.
I'd say in every league in the world except the PL, VAR would get involved. In the PL, well, who knows?

Then the high bar needs to be lowered. Or there will be more of this.

I'm not sure why the AR would have had a better view than the referee.

Back