george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #21
Tunisia vs Australia
Saturday, 26November 2022
13:00 local time (10:00 GMT)
Al-Wakrah

Referee: Daniel Siebert (GER)

Assistant Referee 1: Rafael Foltyn (GER)
Assistant Referee 2: Jan Seidel (GER)
Fourth Official: Said Martínez (HON)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Karen Díaz (MEX)
Video Assistant Referee: Bastian Dankert (GER)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Marco Fritz (GER)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Corey Parker (USA)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Pol van Boekel (NED)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Katheryn Nesbitt (USA)

The Referee Store
Utterly ridiculous "challenge" by the Tunisian no14, easy yellow card.

Tunisia look like they are playing on the edge and could explode at any moment. Sub given a dressing down and made to apologise by referee after throwing the ball towards a fouled Australian player.

Seemed a poor csll to penalise Tunisia when aus keeper dropped a cross.
I think it was for an earlier contact with the keeper but I agree that the contact didn't amount to a foul. It was a bit of safe refereeing which I don't like.

Sub given a dressing down and made to apologise by referee after throwing the ball towards a fouled Australian player.
The way it transpired it looked like he didn't mean for the ball to hit the Aus player. I thought he handled it well given both players were willing to put it behind them.

I think it was for an earlier contact with the keeper but I agree that the contact didn't amount to a foul. It was a bit of safe refereeing which I don't like.
Much like the defensive foul he gave from the Tunisian corner. Nothing more than a guess. Contact was defender on defender

Good SPA handball yellow.

Watching this, whatever happened to the extra goal line refs? That was a rubbish idea that got dropped. How about we do the same with VAR?!?

Watching this, whatever happened to the extra goal line refs? That was a rubbish idea that got dropped. How about we do the same with VAR?!?
If only

But the reluctance to not try and improve it is infuriating

They were there to see issues on the far side of the referee in corners and free kicks. They were replaced by VAR. If we drop VAR they would be coming back I'm afraid.

Back