A&H

Two defenders challenging DOGSO??

SydTheAussieRef

Level 4 Ref (youth). Just starting out.
image.jpg

So the defender on the right got a straight Red. Even though the left one made more contact. A penalty was rightly awarded, but who goes off?
Here is the vid link not sure if it'll work (1 minute mark).

The Referee Store
Whoever the referee feels was the one that actually committed the foul. Whether that's first contact, harder hit, last touch... all in the eyes of the referee.

In this case, left made initial contact up at the shoulder level, but right appears to have caught the player's feet.

I'm with Alex, it looks like the left hand player makes contact but it is the right hand player that actually takes the attacker out

I reckon pick one. Maybe the player was about to fall from the contact from the left player, but he did fall from the foul from the right player.

That is such a strange one. The big shoulder is fairly side on and might not be a foul on its own. And then the right hand player, well, it's inconclusive from this angle. It looks like he takes the ball! But the attacked is so off balance from the shoulder that he falls over the right defender at speed - at least that's my take when I see the direction of the ball.

Really tough. I think you could argue no foul. But I think from this angle it is an easy sell to RC the left defender. I can only presume the ref has seen something we cannot from the right defender.

To me, the one on the left did commit the foul first, giving a shoulder, which then proceeded to trip up the forward. And since the forward was clear on goal with no one else around, straight red for DOGSO.

Or if one defender committed the foul that denied the OGSO, and another came in half a second later with a SFP tackle ;)

Or "After I sent a team mate off for DOGSO the above shouted at me "I made the foul you OFFINABUS OFFINABUS OFFINABUS!!" perhaps?

Pick one, bin one. Let them appeal it.

Back