A&H

Two games in one day from now on...

SM

The avuncular one
Just after a bit if advice. Currently have been doing 1 OA game on a Saturday. From next season will also be looking to do a youth game in the morning.

I have upped my training now in preparation, hoping to ensure my fitness is as good as it can be come the new season. Just wondering if there are aNy tips from anyone on how to cope with the extra game, be it nutrition, aches and pains management or training based advice etc

The Referee Store
Just to play Devils Advocate: I found doing 1 match a Saturday to be much more enjoyable + I could give it my 100% energy.

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for doing more than one a day?

Good question. I like a challenge physically and also it seems like a good way to get more experience.Coming to refereeing late in my 30s (well, now 37) I want to get as many games in as possible. Will hopefully be (welsh) grade 7 next season and then try for promotion again.​
There is only a Saturday league down my way so you ref what you can on Saturdays and that is it. Unless you ref those leisure league 5 a side things which I have also looked at.​

I guess only you can say whether you will be up for the job fitness-wise, but have you considered running a line followed by a middle?

There was a time where I'd have a middle on Saturday, another middle Sunday morning, another Sunday afternoon, then in the evening spend 4 and a half hours refereeing 7 a side. So if your up to the job, I say go for it!

These days, I wouldn't last 5 minutes :(

I have been known to ref sat PM OA and sun AM & PM in Kent youth league from U13-u18. By sun night all I wanna do is sleep but I have taken home easily nearly £100

Sorry we don't do it for the money we do it cause we love the game

No nothing yet. I am sure it will arrive soon enough.

Was not aware if a change in grades. Is it to being it in line with the English grades?

I think it will match England grades, that means 1 less grade to get through!

Any welsh refs aware of fitness testing for promotion? I read somewhere that all refs no matter what grade going for now have to do a fitness test, but i have not heard anything else about it?

No idea. I always had to do a fitness test for promotion, I presumed this was the norm?

Level 3A onward (previously 6) have to do one as it means you come on to the national list, I think.

1A, 1B - WPL
2 - Tier 2
3A - Tier 2/3
3B - Tier 4
3C - Tier 5
4 - Anything Lower
5A - Youth
5B - Registered
5C - Inactive.

Obviously this means much less levels, but I would imagine promotion will be harder to come by.

**Disclaimer** - this information may not be 100% accurate! This is my understanding of how the new levels will work. This is what I remember from a conversation with certain members that know the system! If I can find a document confirming it, the I will post it here.

Back