A&H

U14 False Name

CFA discipline departments hate this though. At grass roots team sheets are very often wrong with shirt numbers not matching the right player name, and it creates them a lot of work as they charge the wrong player, the club tell them it is wrong, and they have to reissue the charge. Probably less of an issue in youth football, at adults it is often a stressed out captain or manager filling it in, wondering where players are and having to leave shirts set aside for those turning up late (been there and have the t-shirt both as captain and manager). Then inevitably they won't put on the number they were told to when they finally turn up, often because they are still sloshed from the night before and are incapable of following even the most basic of instructions.

One CFA alone were processing as many as 50 of these mistakes every week, and they let the RDO know if any referees were regularly causing the issue. Technically speaking you are supposed to confirm the name when issuing a card, so it isn't the club solely to blame.
I dont know if the local FA hate it and its anecdotal but it seems to work well. I haven't experienced anything notable except one team played a banned player and included him on a team sheet, and post match the opposition pointed it out after they lost!!

The Referee Store
I dont know if the local FA hate it and its anecdotal but it seems to work well. I haven't experienced anything notable except one team played a banned player and included him on a team sheet, and post match the opposition pointed it out after they lost!!
You wouldn't necessarily know though if you have accidentally reported the wrong player. The referee would only be involved in the process if the discipline department got so fed up of them repeatedly doing it they reported him or her to the RDO.

I've cautioned a Ricky Lambert before, in a league with no team sheets. Did a double-take, but the player's captain was already on his way over to confirm that it was his real name.
I know this is going a bit off topic again, but I’ve had an U15 game this morning where one of the players was called Bobby Charlton.

Back