A&H

U9

willt2004

Newref
Level 8 Referee
Hi all
Need to do my 5 games to qualify. Have been offered an u9 as my original game was called off but I have been offered u9 game. Am i allowed to do u9 even though I haven’t done the 5 game yet. I know these don’t count towards my 5 games as they have no offsides
Thanks for your help.

The Referee Store
Hi all
Need to do my 5 games to qualify. Have been offered an u9 as my original game was called off but I have been offered u9 game. Am i allowed to do u9 even though I haven’t done the 5 game yet. I know these don’t count towards my 5 games as they have no offsides
Thanks for your help.
U9 won't qualify towards your 5 games
Games must be 9 v 9 or 11 v 11
Either way, the games must have the offside law in play

Ok so haven’t done the callback evening yet but have done the course.
So just to clarify I am allowed to do the u9 game ?

Ok so haven’t done the callback evening yet but have done the course.
So just to clarify I am allowed to do the u9 game ?
Technically, I would say that you're qualified once you've completed the course because you move from level 10 to level 8 or 9 (depending on age)
This means you're qualified to referee any game (except that junior refs have to officiate younger age groups)
By completing the 5 games and exam evening, you then become a level 7 (which colloquially we refer to as 'fully qualified')
So crack on with the U9 game. It might be a gentle introduction, giving you chance to get used to the uniform & whistle 👍

Something a bit confusing aswell.
It says all free kicks are direct , however you cannot score from a start or restart of play ?
Do NOT understand TBH.

u9 is still mini soccer I think. Different laws. Retreat to half way line, retake foul throws, no offside etc. You can do it as I think random dads do it sometimes but technically mini soccer is a different course.

Something a bit confusing aswell.
It says all free kicks are direct , however you cannot score from a start or restart of play ?
Do NOT understand TBH.
Yeh, don't confuse league rules for 'mini-soccer' with the LOTG
U9's is all about using common sense. Speak with the managers beforehand regarding the retreat rule and 'pass backs' to clarify their expectations

Back