A&H

Uh oh, Hackett's back...

DanCohen17

Simply The Best
...and spouting utter drivel again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30704681

My 2 favourite parts;

"Routledge received a reckless challenge. My expectation was that his opponent might receive a red card."

If I remember the good book correctly, reckless is yellow. So, even if you think Routledge was fouled recklessly, why would his opponent be sent off? What hope is there in educating the general public when someone they perceive to be an expert, due to being a former FIFA official, spouts non-law nonsense such as this!

Marriner is one of the five referees identified by Hackett in his blog, You Are The Ref, who in his view should finish at the end of the season. Mike Jones, Lee Mason, Chris Foy and last season's FA Cup final referee Lee Probert are the others.

He wants Probert dropped? The same Probert who's been injured for much of the season, therefore unable to officiate and thus making it impossible to make incorrect decisions! I get the feeling that, much like his mate Halsey, he's got a few personal vendettas against certain people involved!

The Referee Store
The Probert comment is best. Does he even know who's who or is he just citing random names from a list?

The Probert comment is best. Does he even know who's who or is he just citing random names from a list?
It's personal vendettas. It's well known (and well discussed in PGMOL) that Dowdy should have retired years ago. But, because of the lack of numbers, he's dragging himself round the fitness test. Likewise, Mike Dean wanted to retire following his 45th birthday (and losing his FIFA badge because of it) but was asked to stay on - same reasons as Phil.
They allowed Howard to retire because of the role he took up within the organisation. He'd theeatened to resign from his contract and go back to Police.

But, there's no Dowd mention in Hackett's piece. Why? Because they're mates!
Whilst it's pretty much universally agreed that Jones, Foy & Mason are the worst PL referees, where he's got Probert & Marriner's names from is anyone's guess!

And it's only going to get worse as the FA hurriedly over promote people in an attempt to plug the numbers gap.......

So according to him there were 20 wrong KMIs is 30 games? Very much doubt it.

I do get the feeling that there are a few FL referees who they've got lined up for Select Group fairly soon, so I think there will be a fair few changes at the end of the season (Graham Scott to name one, he's done lots of high profile Championship games as well as his first PL (Burnley V Villa)).

None of Foy, Jones or Mason have PL games at the weekend.

The nonsense he spouts at times is beyond belief.

How can Probert, a referee who has barely reffed this season due to injury, make incorrect decisions?

I do agree with him on the others though, barring Marriner; his form has dipped after the Gibbs/Ox incident last season but I still think he's one of our better refs.

And it's only going to get worse as the FA hurriedly over promote people in an attempt to plug the numbers gap.......
Agree with this actually.

As @Mike says, there are a number of FL guys in line for promotion. Unfortunately, due to numbers, they won't be able to treat them like Pawson. Craig was slowly blooded into PL football and has now, rightly, been awarded his FIFA badge.

Graham Scott, Paul Tierney, Simon Hooper to name just three who will likely go up and, inevitably, be heavily scrutinised!

Back