A&H

Unpopular Goalkeeper.

Frank

Level 5 Referee
In my game yesterday I awarded a free kick to the away team about 30 yards from goal. The goalkeeper came running out of his penalty area to remonstrate with me. As he did so a player asked meif he could take the free kick quickly, which I of course allowed him to do. He then chipped the ball towards an unguarded net, and a defender ran back and tipped the ball over the bar. I sent the unfortunate player off, and not a word was said to me, while the goalkeeper was lambasted by his teammates for leaving the goal unattended. To make his day worse, I cautioned him for dissent.

The Referee Store
In my game yesterday I awarded a free kick to the away team about 30 yards from goal. The goalkeeper came running out of his penalty area to remonstrate with me. As he did so a player asked meif he could take the free kick quickly, which I of course allowed him to do. He then chipped the ball towards an unguarded net, and a defender ran back and tipped the ball over the bar. I sent the unfortunate player off, and not a word was said to me, while the goalkeeper was lambasted by his teammates for leaving the goal unattended. To make his day worse, I cautioned him for dissent.

Did you caution for dissent after the guy tipped the ball over because you have restarted play so cannot retrospectively caution so if they appealed they would probably be successful.

Or did you caution before the freekick, in which case I would have allowed the keeper time to return to his position as I have dealt with him so have technically stopped the flow of play.

Not to mention, Micky, the play would have required a whistle to restart had you cautioned him before the player could chip the ball.

Did you caution for dissent after the guy tipped the ball over because you have restarted play so cannot retrospectively caution so if they appealed they would probably be successful.

Or did you caution before the freekick, in which case I would have allowed the keeper time to return to his position as I have dealt with him so have technically stopped the flow of play.

Can't appeal cautions. Simple as.

I wonder what percentage of Scottish youth football players or club officials would even be aware that they had the right of appeal in the situation referred to above

Back