A&H

Upcoming County Cup

Kref

On saturday i got appointed to a Open Age cup, the 3rd tier of cups. With most of the teams being Divsion 3 and 4 from the Open Age league. However both of my teams are division 2. Any advice for controlling the teams as I mainly referee Division 4 at the moment? Also is there anything I should be looking at for, that these teams might try and get away with?

The Referee Store
On saturday i got appointed to a Open Age cup, the 3rd tier of cups. With most of the teams being Divsion 3 and 4 from the Open Age league. However both of my teams are division 2. Any advice for controlling the teams as I mainly referee Division 4 at the moment? Also is there anything I should be looking at for, that these teams might try and get away with?
Be professional from the first contact, use the pre-match time to good effect (briefing AR's, checking fop, checking colours, warm up - players and coaches will watch you) then control the first ten minutes or more until they stop testing you, which they will.
Let the game develop, then decide how to manage it, as you would with a Division 4 match.
Most importantly - enjoy the game👍

Be professional from the first contact, use the pre-match time to good effect (briefing AR's, checking fop, checking colours, warm up - players and coaches will watch you) then control the first ten minutes or more until they stop testing you, which they will.
Let the game develop, then decide how to manage it, as you would with a Division 4 match.
Most importantly - enjoy the game👍
Alright

Back