A&H

World Cup USA v Germany - Julie Johnston lucky to escape a red card?

The Referee Store
Or better yet an embedded video and a snapshot

I have no doubt she was fortunate to stay on the pitch.

The second penalty was a correct decision IMO. The foul started outside th PA but ended inside the PA.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    499.4 KB · Views: 10
How can a referee at that level bottle a decision like that? Astounding.
No caution for the GK either.

1st penalty - terrible decision, but I'm not longer surprised at how many referees refuse to give DOGSO. I'd expect a 14 year old referee on their first game to get this one correct though. I wonder how much of this is due to the fact that referees seem to be there more to present a game than to actually referee it?
2nd penalty - again, terrible decision. There was no 'continuing foul' here. The foul began and ended with the initial point of contact outside the PA. After that it was just the players falling over each other as the result of incidental contact. And I would think the players feet made the position of the foul clear enough.

No caution for the GK either.
What incident?

What incident?
Hope Solo was delaying the restart with delaying tactics :cool:. In other words, arguing the toss with the ref about anything that came into her head. The ball, the penalty spot, the penalty taker, the weather, iCloud security protocols?

It was terrible officiating all round, USA were incredibly fortunate to still have 11 on the field, Germany can and will feel massively hard done by. There's been a few shockers in this tournament. This is by far the worst decision I have ever seen!

Back