A&H

Vanishing Spay???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I want to know why it there on the RA store if we cant use it?

Hmm, im confused. Why cant we use it?

I have a few cans of this in my bag - plus Holster.

The only reason I havent used it (bought it when all the U16 games I done then always cheekily ask for it), is because the holster is so ridiculously tight - and the belt connection is flimsy - so it'll be flapping around everywhere.

I havent received any announcements saying I cant use it... Just luckily, I havent.

From here: http://www.thefa.com/news/competiti.../2014/aug/vanishing-spray-fa-community-shield

'In line with general practice worldwide and IFAB’s intention that vanishing spray is only for the very highest levels of competition, The FA has approved the use of vanishing spray in the Premier League, the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy and the later rounds of The FA Cup only.

Referees must therefore not use vanishing spray in any other matches/competitions.'

It's also going to be used in the Football League from the new year.

There are lots of things in life you can;t use but you can buy, or that you can by but are then dimissed by Leagues / Rules or Laws.

If we in England can only wear black and white, why can you buy yellow, grey, red ref's kits?

All because you can doesnt mean you should.

Personally I would laugh at anyone who used this at lower levels, and honestly - berate them for it too. All the gear, no idea and normally that mummy and daddy have bought it for them.

any referee who needs a can of shaving foam to control a free kick might want to have a good hard look in a mirror

I admit I did use 1 can in a charity game that was in memory for a passed referee, crowd loved it

Not too sure Yacinho as I used it more than you would normally It lasted me a game but like I say I think I used it every opportunity!!

I admit I did use 1 can in a charity game that was in memory for a passed referee, crowd loved it
That was my intent. More for the kids - as when they talk/ask about it - and I say its in my ref bag - their eyes light up!

Just makes them feel a lot more 'pro' haha. But I cant see why they had to go out and say it *cant* be used.

I can personally see it working well. Especially if you want to slow up play and let things cool.

Give it a bit of a 'Ceremonial Spraying' to cool things down and let people focus on the 'Ooo, Vanishing Spray factor' rather than then "What player am I meant to be thumping in a minute".

I could see it working well.

That was my intent. More for the kids - as when they talk/ask about it - and I say its in my ref bag - their eyes light up!

Just makes them feel a lot more 'pro' haha. But I cant see why they had to go out and say it *cant* be used.

I can personally see it working well. Especially if you want to slow up play and let things cool.

Give it a bit of a 'Ceremonial Spraying' to cool things down and let people focus on the 'Ooo, Vanishing Spray factor' rather than then "What player am I meant to be thumping in a minute".

I could see it working well.

Yeah I wish I could use it week in week out but I see where the FA are coming from. The cost would be ridiculous I mean for many one can is at least half a match fee. I think that they would need to sort other things out eg the state of some pitches!! I'll more than happy by the odd can for a charity game... But not week in week out!!

I think mine was £20 for two bottles plus holster.

Bought for pure novelty factor - and because im an avid completionist - my kit bag needed it.

Reactions: KB
@jack.prescott I know we arent supposed to use it however I did use it in a charity game, as seen above mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back