A&H

VC or Not

Egg man

Level 5 Referee
Just wanted people opinion.

After a foul, the fouled player reacted by swing two punches at the player who commit the foul, who with some quick reaction avoided them both and just laughed as player had a mad 30 seconds.

The fact that the player reacted with throwing punches was enough for to send him off as I could of lost control of the match he did not take action.

Just asking what you guys would of done in this situation?

The Referee Store
Just wanted people opinion.

After a foul, the fouled player reacted by swing two punches at the player who commit the foul, who with some quick reaction avoided them both and just laughed as player had a mad 30 seconds.

The fact that the player reacted with throwing punches was enough for to send him off as I could of lost control of the match he did not take action.

Just asking what you guys would of done in this situation?
"attempting to strike" in the laws, even if he misses then he's going off.

Correct for the send off but your reasoning is misplaced. It a send off because it is violent 'conduct'. The lotg has the definition for VC and this fits perfectly.

Correct for the send off but your reasoning is misplaced. It a send off because it is violent 'conduct'. The lotg has the definition for VC and this fits perfectly.
Misplaced in wording, I also saw it as VC. if I didn't send him off I could lost control of game. I think the doubt came in after as he not made contact but as you correctly said
" attempting to strike"

“Attempt to strike“ is a foul, not misconduct. You need to look at the definition of VC, which includes attempted excessive force or brutality. That’s what a punch swing and a miss is.

“Attempt to strike“ is a foul, not misconduct. You need to look at the definition of VC, which includes attempted excessive force or brutality. That’s what a punch swing and a miss is.
Looking back at the loftg under VC.
"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball."

This sums up nicely why I sent the player off.

The incident happen off the ball after the player was fouled and awarded a direct free kick. It was his reaction that got him sent off.

Going by the replies I was correct in law to send the player off.

Back