A&H

Villa v Blades

The Referee Store
It should have been disallowed as the GK doesn't need to catch the ball to be in control
Can't argue much with scoreline however. Blades very dominant

Although i thought it was offside in real time, i must admit that i thought the keeper had parried it
My recollection is that any contact with the hand (other than a save), is now considered to be 'in control'

Although i thought it was offside in real time, i must admit that i thought the keeper had parried it
My recollection is that any contact with the hand (other than a save), is now considered to be 'in control'

Text below. Impossible to tell from the still picture if the GK had control at the moment the attacker made contact with the ball or if was loose. Likely was a foul.

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when: • the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands.

Cant see it, but I do have this uncomfortable feeling that we've been figured out.
We've battered Villa tonight and somehow threw 2 points away.... Thats football I suppose!!! Decent ref tonight I thought too!! Did the simple things right and got 'most' of the decisions spot on.. Bit of luck for our second goal but hey ho, thats life!!!

Cant see it, but I do have this uncomfortable feeling that we've been figured out.

Leeds are going to turn us over tomorrow. The riverside atmosphere is toxic and there’s a huge disconnect at the club between the fans and the players. Our league position is deceptive, our club is in a mess from front to back. Such a shame to see when we got one of the best Chairman in the country

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when: • the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
Typically ambiguous statement from the LOTG
The section in red is negated by the statement in green, although I'm not sure that's how it was intended. The section in purple is an exception to anything preceding
So my reading of this, is the GK is in control if the ball in contact with the hand or arm, except if the contact is momentary in the act of a save or a rebound. Catching or holding the ball as such, is not explicitly a criteria for determining 'control'
Comments welcome!

At match speed and being biased I thought GOAL but seeing the replays there is plenty to scrub it off.
Can’t blame the striker for doing his job but we got lucky... 🍀

Back