A&H

villa v west brom

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
interesting, given recent debates on here, that we had two footed 'lunges', simulation, coming back from an offside position, match control issues....as well as a pitch invasion and grealish seemingly not wearing shin pads to boot

quite enjoyed it

The Referee Store
grealish definitely simulation for me, despite what lawro said about him being off-balance - missed his first caution which i assume was for his haircut

as for the 'two-footed lunge', i think the villa player conned the ref

Pundits and commentators dont have a clue. I missed Grealish's first yellow as well, haywains comment about his haircut is probably correct. I agree with both second yellows though, although the villa player conned the ref with yacobs second

With the first sending off, Anthony Taylor has seen the WBA player jump in and the AV player writhing around on the floor and connected those dots. Could you argue that the tackle from Yacob should be given as playing in a dangerous manner instead of for making the contact with the other player?

If he'd made more contact Id have said red for SFP. Don't think it's a good idea to go back into that one though :D

Did Yacob not seem to make an attempted 2 feet and a bit of a jump as he heads in, seemed like he did.

As for Grealish, first was minor, but a pull back is just that so deserved.

Second - he goes down. Running through for OGSO, last defender challenges him, whatever contact is made or not the result is he goes sprawling. AT has two options - either he is giving a red to defender and FK to AV, or he has to give the YC for SI.

As he lands, he turn onto his side, loks at AT, hands up which to me is asking "ref did you see that, where's my FK".

So that takes out the RC and FK option, leaving a YC for SI.

I've seen guys kit by a 7.62 stay on their feet longer!

As for the pitch invasions, dangerous for everyone. How long before a player gets injured ankle / knocked over / head injury, or someone bring a blade to a game....

It was a blatant dive. He loses control of the ball, and goes '**** it, off I pop'. The Yacob one looked yellow to me, but helped by the Villa player writhing.

Disgraceful scenes that should have Villa play there next home game behind closed doors.
I'm sure a fine of less than 0.1% of their revenue is forthcoming though

No tickets to Wembley SF, teach the buggers.

They should have got eveyone out of the stadium, but ring fenced the pich, and take everyone name and photo that is in the pitch for a ban.

Back