A&H

Watch reviews

Daz

Level 7 Referee
Hi
I am looking to buy the spintso referee watch from a&h as its quite expensive I would like your thoughts if it's worth buying
Many thanks

The Referee Store
Bought one for Christmas, used it four times
I found it really great, nice interface, very easy to use and configure, you understand right away that it was made by refs for refs, i could go on and on about the features but you certainly know them already if you did your research :) I can just guarantee you that there's no bullshit, you'll get what you've been promised.

Yes it's quite expensive for a watch that don't do GPS but just the fact that you can count up from 45 to 90 on 2nd half was enough for me :D And after all in my League it's only 1.5 game fees so sounds like a decent investment

76 euros a match? I though Scotland had a good deal.... It turns out France is where it is at! :D

To be faire it also depend on the League you officiate in :D
In mine it's
66€ for U15
71€ for U17
76€ for U19 and OA
But while you guys seem to be able to referee 4 or 5 games in a WE, we are strictly restricted to 1 game/day, and the only way to ref both Saturday and Sunday is to do U15 on Saturday and U17/19/OA on Sunday, but it's pretty rare, it only occurred twice this season for me

To be faire it also depend on the League you officiate in :D
In mine it's
66€ for U15
71€ for U17
76€ for U19 and OA
But while you guys seem to be able to referee 4 or 5 games in a WE, we are strictly restricted to 1 game/day, and the only way to ref both Saturday and Sunday is to do U15 on Saturday and U17/19/OA on Sunday, but it's pretty rare, it only occurred twice this season for me

Out of interest, what level is that? Are your local, amateur youth leagues genuinely 66 euros for a match? :eek:

Hard to respond
French and UK systems seems really different
First of all there are no under "U15" games with official refs, it's really the lowest age
And basically, official reffed games are never like two independent teams meeting each other at the park to play some football, everything is "serious business" between well organized clubs that have several teams (at least 2 or 3) in every age category.
There are no "local amateur youth leagues" here, everybody is in the same competition, some are in D1, some are in D4, just like OA pros

So knowing that, and to respond to you, since it's my second season, I'm at the bottom of the refereeing ladder but the bottom of the refereeing ladder in France is already really well organized football level

BUT, I also know that my league (Ligue Paris Ile de France) is the most generous with refs (probably because the football level is way higher than anywhere else), so my example don't speaks for all the country :D

Reactions: SM
Oh ok, that certainly explains it! Although I appreciate it's not two teams of mates on the local council park, it's still incredibly good money to get roughly 70 euros for an U15-19 match!

€76!?!? I'd earn more travelling to Dover, catching a ferry, refereeing a couple games and heading home again each weekend!

Of all people aswell, the Scots and French! Next you'll tell me the Kraut's get €100 a game!

How much do you guys make per game ? And how many games do you ref by weekend in average ?

The most I've got in a long weekend (we'll include Monday and Tuesday for the sake of this) is 170.

That was definitely a one off though. 1 game Saturday £25, 2 games Sunday £25 & £30, 1 game Monday night £30, 2 games Tuesday afternoon/night £30 each.

A normal weekend is £50 though.

Cheers
Just bought it from a&h with discount £89 but probably not going to use it this week due to the bloody snow

Back