A&H

Watford vs Everton

DanCohen17

Simply The Best
Kevin Friend. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Honestly, I don't even know where to start with his shambolic performance yesterday. 90 minutes of dreadful, inconsistent refereeing both ways was nothing short of embarrassing. We did nearly concede a goal from him clotheslining Ben Watson too...!
*rant over*

The Referee Store
Clotheslining or the player running into him as he turned away to follow play?
Neither. He was actually in a dreadful position and prevented the attacking player from running onto the ball, resulting in a turnover of possession, counter attack and shot on target.
What didn't help him was that he'd had such a poor game to that point, he was loudly boo'd by most parts

Neither. He was actually in a dreadful position and prevented the attacking player from running onto the ball, resulting in a turnover of possession, counter attack and shot on target.
What didn't help him was that he'd had such a poor game to that point, he was loudly boo'd by most parts

Could be worse. Mike Jones blocked off Samir Nasri yesterday, resulting in a turnover of possession from which West Brom scored.

You've both named my two least favourite Select Group officials. Friend looks over confident and Jones always looks nervous.

Like the Madleys (yes I know only one of them has made it to the Prem so far; both personal friends), Mr Atkinson (member of our RA), Lee Mason, Roger East and Michael O... oh and little Johnny Moss who always reminds me of Nigel Owens the RFU referee in his manner with players - must be his headmaster side coming out in him.

You've both named my two least favourite Select Group officials. Friend looks over confident and Jones always looks nervous.

Like the Madleys (yes I know only one of them has made it to the Prem so far; both personal friends), Mr Atkinson (member of our RA), Lee Mason, Roger East and Michael O... oh and little Johnny Moss who always reminds me of Nigel Owens the RFU referee in his manner with players - must be his headmaster side coming out in him.
I have to disagree about Mason. For me, him & Jones are the worst two referees in the league, closely followed by Moss & Friend!

What's happened to Probert & Dowd? Haven't seen them this season at all

I have to disagree about Mason. For me, him & Jones are the worst two referees in the league, closely followed by Moss & Friend!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they both retired at the end of last season.

I think Probert had an injury and Phil failed his fitness test because of injury. As the oldest of the group I think he'll retire quietly. He always made me laugh as he refereed for himself not the teams and made it clear when a player had annoyed him.

Could be worse. Mike Jones blocked off Samir Nasri yesterday, resulting in a turnover of possession from which West Brom scored.
Was that the incident where Mike Jones was moving backwards away from play, whilst Nasri was running forwards...? Unless Mike Jones really has had an extra set of eyes grafted in to the back of his head, I think the blame lies squarely with Nasri.

Was that the incident where Mike Jones was moving backwards away from play, whilst Nasri was running forwards...? Unless Mike Jones really has had an extra set of eyes grafted in to the back of his head, I think the blame lies squarely with Nasri.

Regardless, he shouldn't have been so close to play. I felt for him, nothing worse than when you inadvertently contribute to a goal.

Regardless, he shouldn't have been so close to play. I felt for him, nothing worse than when you inadvertently contribute to a goal.
I'm sure we've all been caught too close to play - in fact a few weeks ago I caught a _very_ well struck clearance in the nether regions from about 6 yards away: my fault, but it was just the way play developed over a few seconds. re Mike Jones, I don't support either side, but I think you're pushing it as a team if you blame the ref for a goal from that position on the pitch.

Reactions: SM
I'm sure we've all been caught too close to play - in fact a few weeks ago I caught a _very_ well struck clearance in the nether regions from about 6 yards away: my fault, but it was just the way play developed over a few seconds. re Mike Jones, I don't support either side, but I think you're pushing it as a team if you blame the ref for a goal from that position on the pitch.

I'm not blaming him for the goal per se, hence the word "contributed". Otamendi should've cleared it and Hart shouldn't have been beaten at his near post. Much easier to blame the ref though! :D

Video please? :D

Video please? :D
It was a very, very embarrassing moment - I'm not sure whether the rush of blood to the face was through pain or through that embarrassment! IIRC a few seconds after the ball went out of play for a throw-in; I managed to get myself composed again, ambled along for the next few minutes before getting it together again. Player came up to me after the game and apologised, but I said to him as I said above - not his fault. Thoroughly NOT recommended :cry:

Back