A&H

WBA vs Forest

The Referee Store
I watched the game live on Sky. The thing about that was at full speed it looked like a standard attacker on full back foul as the defender has cleared the ball.

There was none of the "Oooohhh" that you instinctively get from a SFP foul. Forest Players reactions didn't indicate that it was any more than a foul.

It was only on the second replay that they showed on the TV that it looked really naughty.

Fair enough, I only saw the replays

Seen it on Twitter and that's a red for me. As Don Goodman says in commentary, it is the secondary movement that just isn't natural. The biggest giveaway though is how he then leans over the player as he is on the floor in an aggressive manner. At a guess I'd say something has happened earlier in the game and he has "done him".

Seen it on Twitter and that's a red for me. As Don Goodman says in commentary, it is the secondary movement that just isn't natural. The biggest giveaway though is how he then leans over the player as he is on the floor in an aggressive manner. At a guess I'd say something has happened earlier in the game and he has "done him".

I don't think Goodman said that until he saw it in slow motion. It's definitely a Red, but all the clips I've seen on Twitter are the slow mo of it, not the real time.

I don't think Goodman said that until he saw it in slow motion. It's definitely a Red, but all the clips I've seen on Twitter are the slow mo of it, not the real time.

Agree, very difficult to see real time but on a slow-mo replay pretty obvious. Like I said though, Livermore's reaction after the tackle is the giveaway.

Great game to watch the highlights. Lots of refereeing incident. It's really difficult to not be aghast by what we saw however. Baffling... the appointments always prefer experience over ability
The Championship continues to be the best League in the World for me. It walks all over the EPL

Hope this doesn't upset Rusty but watch QPR v Stoke highlights - cracking game - one pen shout on there that could be given - but rarely are so can see why he didn't.

At the game was really good to see ref Mr Langford allow for the conditions and allow the game to flow - he had a good game I thought.

Very interesting offside incident right on the final whistle
West Brom winner ruled out because West Brom attacker inadvertently stops shot (from his own Teammate) on the line with his hand!. To add to the plot, he and his hand were over the Goal Line. One for YouTube capture later, but incorrect decision (albeit impossible call)
Could you not argue that the attacker on the line has impeded the defender's ability to play the ball - they are sort of 'tangled' together!?

Very interesting offside incident right on the final whistle
West Brom winner ruled out because West Brom attacker inadvertently stops shot (from his own Teammate) on the line with his hand!. To add to the plot, he and his hand were over the Goal Line. One for YouTube capture later, but incorrect decision (albeit impossible call)

Don't they have goal-line technology in the Championship though? In which case, my presumption as the referee would be that the ball must have gone in before it hit the offside player because then it came back out. Hence, goal comes before offside.
I'd have at least liked Stroud to go across to the assistant and discuss it.
In terms of possible interfering with an opponent that some have suggested, I think this is a difficult one to go for because it would only apply from when the moment the West Brom player had the shot and it happened at such speed it's difficult to say there was much of an impact.

Don't they have goal-line technology in the Championship though? In which case, my presumption as the referee would be that the ball must have gone in before it hit the offside player because then it came back out. Hence, goal comes before offside.
I'd have at least liked Stroud to go across to the assistant and discuss it.
In terms of possible interfering with an opponent that some have suggested, I think this is a difficult one to go for because it would only apply from when the moment the West Brom player had the shot and it happened at such speed it's difficult to say there was much of an impact.
Yes they do but the ball was hit so quickly and relatively close to the goal it would have been impossible to tell whether the ball hit the defender before or after it went over the line. The watch notification and the ball hitting the player would have been pretty much at the same time

Yes they do but the ball was hit so quickly and relatively close to the goal it would have been impossible to tell whether the ball hit the defender before or after it went over the line. The watch notification and the ball hitting the player would have been pretty much at the same time

I'd have to see it again but from memory didn't the ball hit the West Brom player over the line and then come back out? My question would be how could the ball have gone over the line if it hit the West Brom player before the line in that situation (considering the ball hadn't ended up in the back of the net but gone back the other side of the line.)

I'd have to see it again but from memory didn't the ball hit the West Brom player over the line and then come back out? My question would be how could the ball have gone over the line if it hit the West Brom player before the line in that situation (considering the ball hadn't ended up in the back of the net but gone back the other side of the line.)
I see what you mean now. Great point

Back