A&H

Wearing a poppy

The Referee Store
No. I wouldn't allow a player to wear a pin, so wouldn't wear one myself.

And before a smart arse says buy you wouldn't let a player wear a watch, you know what I mean. :p

Definitely not safe wearing a pin-on plastic one. You can probably find a sew-on/iron-on patch somewhere online if you really wanted to wear one though.

Got an iron-on on an older Umbro kit that comes out once a year.

normally get both some questions and some appreciation - including "what's that for?" (grrrr )

I don't really see the point in anyone asking to wear a poppy during a 90 minute game of football ?

Show your respect by all means but it can come off for 90 minutes .

I've bought a couple of 'stick on' poppies from the above mentioned website. Decent quality and will be on my kits for both next Saturdays and Sundays games. Minutes silence will be done on Sunday pre game as well.

Ordered two from that website just after I posted and they were here this morning! Unbelievable service, quality looks good and for the price of definitely seems the best way to show support on your kit. Won't test the adhesive just yet though....

At least now they are affiliated to RBL - weren't previously so money didn't actually get to the cause!

Donated.......

RBL poppies all money goes back to the RBL. The people volunteer their time to give the poppies and what you give is a donation not a price.

They may have donated their £18k but that was not what they made minus running costs. It was the amount the donated from what they made,at their choice.

TCN merchandise or the creative nut limited for their full name in 2013 the first year of P4K had over £69,000 of which £0 was given as donation .

Still awaiting 2014 accounts.

But from thir client list if who bought what in 2014 you could only imagine that the amount went up.

Sounds like a fair and credible business model to me. If they were an alternative to the traditional poppies then there'd be an issue with them making a profit as well as contributing to the RBL. But as it's all incremental to traditional poppy sales it would seem churlish not to feel good about it and support them (if you are that way inclined)

My order's placed :)

Back