A&H

Wednesday robbed

It's like the GK is the only one with a copy of the LotG...

The other possibility is that Champo officials have been briefed on this and "ducking" was highlighted and is not interfering... I know a champo AR, I'm gonna ask him...

I did get a brief reply from a friendly AR and my understanding is that they are instructed that to penalise "clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision”, the PIOP needs to be close to the opponent (e.g. GK).

My take is that is consistent with the very strict lazer-straight-line-only kind of interpretation I have seen of this in UEFA videos (IIRC) and maybe it's all because of that "clearly" word.

Personally I think it's a bit daft and waving in an offside position should be penalised whether close or in direct line or not...

The Referee Store
Just watched the same wee man umpire the Derby v Wigan game (yes, i much prefer such football to that Champions League Song & Dance)
Exact same scenario happened. KS instructed the defender to move. We therefore know with certainty, what got said after The Owls were robbed

I watched bits of the Chelski & Liverfool games tonight and it was poor fayre.

I too preferred the hustle bustle of the little dwarfster mucking games up with aplomb and no-one really caring (apart from RefChat)

Just watched the same wee man umpire the Derby v Wigan game (yes, i much prefer such football to that Champions League Song & Dance)
Exact same scenario happened. KS instructed the defender to move. We therefore know with certainty, what got said after The Owls were robbed
Doesnt help us now though does it!!

Back