A&H

Weekend game

Chrisp72

Always smiling
Yellow v Reds , reds player manager known as a serial moaner so I’m glad he’s a goalkeeper short so is playing in goal hopefully keep him out my ear .

Penalty to reds yellow player mis judges the bounce hand goes up contact with the ball , blows and points to the spot , no real complaints scores 1-0 reds

30 mins gone yellows score 1-1

35 mins on the clock reds left winger breaks he’s very quick CAR struggling to keep up bearing in mind he’s 70 years old but for the majority he’s very good and always honest , crosses, two reds clearly offside CAR raises flag he’s not inline but it’s clearly offside I blow for offside .

Red keeper shouting how can he give that he’s not in line . I call him to me meeting halfway to explain I agree he wasn’t inline but it was the correct decision and explained if his flag hadn’t gone up I would have blew for it anyway he’s not happy as usual but retreats back to his goal .

No issues up to HT .

Second half yellows score two to go 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go .
85th minute reds score on the break 3-2 panic then sets in to yellows with 10 seconds left on the clock free kick to reds 25 yards out , serial moaner , goalkeeper , manger knows this is the last chance to score so comes up for the free kick plants himself in the box free kick comes over keeper misses falls to him he hits the ball on the half volley balls rolling into an empty net this guy is now the local hero until his team mate on the line decides he wants to take the plaudits taps in ! CAR flag up for a correct offside blows for full time .
The keeper now sees his glory taken away from him walking off the pitch he runs over to me “ why didn’t you remove the lino for not keeping up with play first half” tells him give the man a break he’s a pensioner that he’s volunteering for a thankless task but please take into account it was the correct call , tells me “your a joke you can’t use his age for an excuse “
Goes on to say the goal I just scored should have stood told him it was the correct decision even two of his own players said so ! Says I don’t care I’m reporting you for not dealing with the linesman and if he’s that old he shouldn’t be doing it .
I walk away to the reds shouting over “ go home ref to laughing and a few claps from the players .

Was a good game of football and I thought I had a good game but get low club marks from reds as the keeper is the one that marks the referee 😬

The Referee Store
I think you're entertaining the keeper too much, shut him up early and you don't have these problems. Don't enter into debate with him about the merits or otherwise of the CAR, warn him about his shouting, if he continues, caution him. He'll soon shut up.

Nuneaton Sunday League? What do you expect, they are doing well if they have under three referee assaults in a season.
Conversations with these type of managers is never going to work, get the cards out.

With stuff like offsides I never have a conversation. If you’re sure a player was offside, all you need to do is point him out and tell everyone with a clear signal. Anyone wants to argue it, dissent.

With stuff like offsides I never have a conversation. If you’re sure a player was offside, all you need to do is point him out and tell everyone with a clear signal. Anyone wants to argue it, dissent.
(Mild) Arguing isn't always necessarily dissent per se, we all aren't happy when something doesn't directly go our way and we all may say something in the moment. As long as its Mild disappointment and not prolonged, loud, nasty, demeaning etc I'm not instantly thinking dissent and my card ears aren't tweaked.
A quick finger on the lips, move on, and on to the next play. Should it continue etc then it may eventually get to that point of flashing the lemon.

(Mild) Arguing isn't always necessarily dissent per se, we all aren't happy when something doesn't directly go our way and we all may say something in the moment. As long as its Mild disappointment and not prolonged, loud, nasty, demeaning etc I'm not instantly thinking dissent and my card ears aren't tweaked.
A quick finger on the lips, move on, and on to the next play. Should it continue etc then it may eventually get to that point of flashing the lemon.

True, but if we’re talking about a goal keeper shouting at you from his goal when you’ve already made a clear offside decision, there’s definitely grounds for it

True, but if we’re talking about a goal keeper shouting at you from his goal when you’ve already made a clear offside decision, there’s definitely grounds for it

True, I've jogged 60 yards a few times back to lemon a gobby keeper who thinks he can see an offside call better than you. That can definitely tick the box!!

Used to love that jog to stuff a lemon up a keeper's nose........

Reverse situation, but a contrib observer once criticised me for cautioning a keeper who ran to the halfway line to argue with me. Not the captain, just wanted a chirp. When I asked the observer what he thought the justification was to allow the keeper to run 50+ yards from his goal I just got a mumbled incoherent response.

Still, he did like the fact that I restarted play with the keeper still 50 yards from his goal ... :)

Back