A&H

What a curious goal!

The Referee Store
YouTube version

2:00 in from the start but feel free to watch the full 5 minutes of highlights.

I saw this live, and at first glance it just didn't feel right - surely the player was either offside, or there's some minor interpretation of law that says the goal should have been disallowed. But then on the replays, you see that he is on side and its just a bad, bad defensive mistake. Good shout.

Goal for me too

*** pedant alert *** … not me over thinking or looking for something that isn't there … but … (!)

Has the goal scorer gained an advantage by holding onto the goal netting to help maintain balance (as he scores) ?

Pretty sure I once saw a You Are The Ref of a more extreme example - e.g. swinging from the crossbar

Anyone ever seen / had a more extreme example ?

Not sure why we wouldn’t give a goal. The flick on came from a Brighton head, then the Brighton defender on the post just steps away from Bartley. We could argue Bartley was holding his shirt beforehand but they were both doing it

I saw this live, and at first glance it just didn't feel right - surely the player was either offside, or there's some minor interpretation of law that says the goal should have been disallowed. But then on the replays, you see that he is on side and its just a bad, bad defensive mistake. Good shout.

I completely agree. On first viewing I thought there must be something wrong there but no, great refereeing.

Back