A&H

What would you do?

The Referee Store
You can not give the goal as it did not go in

I would give a drop ball and ask the defending team to let the attacking team score. If they refuse then there isn't much you can do about it

Def can't award the goal.
Any case for an IDFK instead of a DB?
The rest of the match is going to be a b*tch if they don't let the other team score. I would report the matter to the league of course.

Outside interference in the goal area.
Drop ball on 6 yard, parallel etc
You'd ask defending team to allow a goal to be scored and hope they do!

Question is...how do you as a referee ensure the goal is legal if defending team say yes? Remember, this would be from a drop ball scenario!

Ball has to touch the ground and has to be touched twice before entering the goal

Did anyone notice he consciously tried to avoid a DOGS-H by heading the ball? Lol, must have been a player in his days.

I thing I saw that ball going in before the outside agent touched it ;) . I will have to ask my AR. If my AR is sure it did not cross the line then a dropped ball it is.

The video stops too soon..... what happens next?...... if he scores.... he scores ;)

If not.... then this is a simple dropped ball and nothing else for me...... perhaps the aggressive player needs dealing with?....

You cannot call a goal as one hasn't been scored...... cant believe anyone would think to do so....

Personally, I would NEVER ask or tell a team to let a goal in. Not ever.

The video stops too soon..... what happens next?...... if he scores.... he scores ;)

If not.... then this is a simple dropped ball and nothing else for me...... perhaps the aggressive player needs dealing with?....

You cannot call a goal as one hasn't been scored...... cant believe anyone would think to do so....

Personally, I would NEVER ask or tell a team to let a goal in. Not ever.

@MalB - you did see that it wasn't a player that headed the ball back from the goal line...?

@MalB - you did see that it wasn't a player that headed the ball back from the goal line...?
Exactly...it wasn't a player, it was an outside agent and the restart after a referee has stopped the game due to the interference of an outside agent is a dropped ball.

Re-start play with a dropped ball and a nicely written report goes in...... Why would i ask the defending team to let them score? Ridiculous !
If the defending team decided to let them score out of good sportsmanship... i wouldn't have a problem, but i would never ever ask them to let them score...............

Would you dismiss the offender to the car park and a misconduct against the club (assuming he is an official from the defending club)

For those saying you should ask the defending team to score how would the change in law about uncontested drop ball come into play

Back