A&H

White Card for fair play

The Referee Store
Not for me. Might work for a non-competitive under 7s tournament, but please no further

Just another subjective decision to argue about, but with absolutely no consequence, so a complete waste of time. Also likely to be seen as a badge of dishonour for some

Puts me in mind of a chat I had with a club official about the Respect League table operating in their league based on disciplinary sanctions.

His attitude, which isn't hard to understand, was
- You don't want to be right at the bottom - they are the horrible clubs and nobody likes them
- Equally you don't want to be at the top - that's for teams who lose nicely, not for winners
- somewhere in the middle is just fine

absolutely not
Aye, teams will see it as the referee expressing favouritism towards the team the card is awarded to. Some nonsense like that anyway.
FIFA/IFAB/UEFA whoever, they'll do anything to avoid dealing with the problems head-on. Yellow cards and red cards.... and we're not talking first yellow card with second yellow immunity.!
Interestingly, when a ref (like Gillet... Sunderland v Middlesbrough) has shown a second yellow for a behaviour offence, the football world has rounded on the referee for ruining the game. Anyway, I don't see any value in the white card idea

Hard enough to officiate and see everything that happens during the course of a game without having to also monitor acts of positive behaviour!

I can see the 'Why didn't I get a white card? You gave him one!' scenarios already!

Rubbish.
Platini should be ashamed, get off the high horse and do “anything” to improve the game - rather than this narcissism!

Or, make them function like a normal yellow card in terms of accumulation! There's an idea for some...
I think I’d prefer this even more, but if they insist on being awkward, at least make it clear what is happening.

Interestingly, when a ref (like Gillet... Sunderland v Middlesbrough) has shown a second yellow for a behaviour offence, the football world has rounded on the referee for ruining the game.

It's insane, isn't it? Players are expected to take absolutely no responsibility for their actions because "it's an emotional game."

hq720.jpg

It's insane, isn't it? Players are expected to take absolutely no responsibility for their actions because "it's an emotional game."

View attachment 6935
At the professional level its a show,a drama,a film or whatever. At recreational level it is supposed to be a game,a sport or a fun pastime. Unfortunately the latter recreate what they see the former doing and are unable to separate the two from each other.

At the professional level its a show,a drama,a film or whatever. At recreational level it is supposed to be a game,a sport or a fun pastime. Unfortunately the latter recreate what they see the former doing and are unable to separate the two from each other.

I completely understand what you're saying and agree with you. The grassroots and recreational game cannot be what the professional game is. But the majority of participants will not understand that.

Back