A&H

Who to penalise

SM

The avuncular one
A blue attacker turns a red defender and breaks into the penalty area with a lovely angle for a shot. Two defenders are chasing and challenge at the same time, taking out the attacker.

They both are as guilty as each other.

What happens now?

A&H International
A&H International
Give 2 penalties.

Hang on I might have woken up thinking I'm Mike Reed here....

Here's a clip that might help contextualise this, as exactly that happened at Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago. Watch from about 2:40, it was the second penalty given in the game (a game that Wednesday breezed I might add :D)

A blue attacker turns a red defender and breaks into the penalty area with a lovely angle for a shot. Two defenders are chasing and challenge at the same time, taking out the attacker.

They both are as guilty as each other.

What happens now?

I stand there laughing while the defending team inevitably try to convince me it wasn't a pen. Despite them both taking the striker out.:D

Here's a clip that might help contextualise this, as exactly that happened at Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago. Watch from about 2:40, it was the second penalty given in the game (a game that Wednesday breezed I might add :D)

I am glad you picked this video, it's nearly exactly what happened to me except both defenders went off their feet.

This happened to me in my fourth game as a ref a few years back. I knew it was DOGSO and a penalty, but also knew both men had committed separate fouls at the same time. I did the same as the ref in the video and sent off neither man just giving the penalty! Joys of being a new ref eh?

Sometimes you know you should do something. Just don't end up doing nothing as a result!

Back