A&H

Will coloured kits be allowed.....

SteveAustinRef

Level 7 Referee
Has anyone seen the latest RA news?

Under discussion allowing coloured kits at all levels & pay for promotion.

Latest copy attached

Attachments

• RA News Oct 13.pdf
    405.5 KB · Views: 82
The Referee Store
Who's gonna be paying for all these coloured kits if they are allowed? I sure as hell won't be

Not a fan of the coloured kit idea. By its very nature, that rule would mean that we'd have to have more than one kit in case a team turned up in black.

Not sure it's worth having another shirt that I'll wear once or twice a season! Although wearing a plane black shirt does get boring!

Last edited:
Excellent news in my book.
I have the Diamond kit and I really like the yellow top.
I am sure I could find the cash (only a few match fees) to get that.

Same here, I'd like to be able to wear any colours! As Dave said, one weekend would cover it for me

Notts FA was the same last season. Not sure about Cornwall FA as not had any communication from them about promotion as of yet. Think Notts wanted £20 to apply for promotion

I'm happy about it to be honest for my diamond kit and Nike kit I'd get red kit as I love my red

I'm all for it, it would be a great step forward, if your not in a position to afford a coloured shirt, make a team wear bibs if you have to

We have, in order of preference:
Yellow
Black
Red
Blue

We ALWAYS wear black shorts and socks.

Yes, we do carry all four shirts to every game, just in case, but each club is supposed to submit their colours at the start of the season so we should have some idea in advance.

Having said that, my first game last season was Papamoa vs Te Puke: official colours Papamoa - yellow and blue stripes. Te Puke: Red & Black stripes!

Fortunately I had an old design green shirt so threw that in the bag, although when I arrived, Pap had a brand new shiny kit of plain yellow shirts and blue shorts.

Who's gonna be paying for all these coloured kits if they are allowed? I sure as hell won't be
I will probably get a yellow shirt, but i can't see the point in spending all that cash for all of the colours.
Also, it would lead to teams wearing stupid colours and moaning at us refs for not having the certain coloured shirt that doesn't clash!!

Welcome to FA/RA Matters, expect a decision within the next decade.
Decade?! That's hopeful Grayson! Greeny, there's more chance of United winning the league this season than the decision about coloured kits being made.

I sincerely hope that coloured kits aren't allowed as it will cause far more problems than it will solve!

I am currently abroad in a country where coloured kits are allowed, and my goodness does it cause problems!

I have always been an advocate of wearing colours other than black, but now, my mind has seriously changed!

Back