A&H

Woman’s National Leauge

Southerner In The North

Just had a email that my CFA have nominated me for Women's National Leauge as an AR next season.
a couple of questions for anyone who has done it.

1. What is the standard like as email makes it seem a bit of a jump.

2. What roughly is MOAS I’m getting training on it but not sure what it is as I was always told it was for higher levels ?

The Referee Store
The Women's game is technically good, obviously like the men's game, the skill levels depend on the teams/level, BUT, without fail, it IS slower than the men's equivalent, which makes it 'easier'.

Generally better behaved, but again, like all football, that varies match to match.

The Women's game is technically good, obviously like the men's game, the skill levels depend on the teams/level, BUT, without fail, it IS slower than the men's equivalent, which makes it 'easier'.

Generally better behaved, but again, like all football, that varies match to match.
Thank you I do OA mens on Saturday and will be doing some Northern Leauge AR so I should be ok I hope.

Just had a email that my CFA have nominated me for Women's National Leauge as an AR next season.
a couple of questions for anyone who has done it.

1. What is the standard like as email makes it seem a bit of a jump.

2. What roughly is MOAS I’m getting training on it but not sure what it is as I was always told it was for higher levels ?
To address your second question, MOAS (Match Officials Administration System) is used mainly by Leagues at Step 6 and above to publish appointments of match officials and observers, coaches, etc. You would be given a log in facility and you get an e-mail alert when appointed or re-appointed to a match.
You can acknowledge online, close dates, in some cases advise which clubs you are willing to visit (because of longer distances involved) and in many cases the observer reports are also put on the system, again with an alert so you can access.
A simple system, with fewer glitches than other FA systems, and with support available via the system if needed.

Agree with PinnerPaul, generally much better behaved, but, just like in men's football, there are rivalries and they can ramp up the tempo / aggression levels. Get certain Herts vs Beds teams, or Middx vs Beds teams, and you are generally going to be in for a lively game. I did the former a few years ago, away player off for a shocker of a two footed tackle (she nearly took me out with it as well), she then had a pop at the home manager on the way off (tunnel is between benches) which caused a major skirmish. Then there was allegedly a fight in the bar after, I was about to go in, heard glass breaking so decided better of it, forgoing my sandwiches and pint, and went home. That way when the FA called me a few days later to ask what had happened I could truthfully say that I didn't have a clue over and above what I had reported for the game itself.

In another game the home team manager lasted 45 seconds before I dispatched him to the stands, all over a dropped ball on the half way line of all things, and the benches had been at each other's throats even up until that point. I'd already decided that I was operating with a vastly reduced tolerance level that day and the first outburst from the benches was going to result in an example being set, he walked straight into the trap (was before cards could be used for non-players).

Not WNL, but one women's game a couple of divisions below developed into a full blown riot with police called and CS spray deployed. So never assume that women's games will be trouble free, they usually are but not always.

Back