A&H

Worried about having enough observations

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Hi all

so that second observation I had that went badly has been classed as a matchday coaching under my 7-6, since it's not entirely fair that I couldn't score any marks for some of the aspects of a 4w-3w observation.

The worry I have now is I cannot get many games that meet the criteria because 1. as a mens L7 I cannot get any mens middles in appropriate settings for an observation and 2. the women's game at this level is so varied that I'm not guaranteed many games in those settings (i.e. a ground with infrastructure not a park)

I am due to comfortably hit the 20 games required, all I need is my observations, I've asked appointment officers for games in grounds and I'm flagging the appropriate ones to the RDO but they often don't have anyone available!

Not sure if/what I can do here?

The Referee Store
Hi all

so that second observation I had that went badly has been classed as a matchday coaching under my 7-6, since it's not entirely fair that I couldn't score any marks for some of the aspects of a 4w-3w observation.

The worry I have now is I cannot get many games that meet the criteria because 1. as a mens L7 I cannot get any mens middles in appropriate settings for an observation and 2. the women's game at this level is so varied that I'm not guaranteed many games in those settings (i.e. a ground with infrastructure not a park)

I am due to comfortably hit the 20 games required, all I need is my observations, I've asked appointment officers for games in grounds and I'm flagging the appropriate ones to the RDO but they often don't have anyone available!

Not sure if/what I can do here?
Ask whoever appoints the Observers; they can liaise with the Appointments Secretaries for you.

If you followed my posts before for the back end of last year you'll be aware that I know the feeling.
It seems sh*t to say but I don't think there is much more you can do than what you're doing, and hope that it all works out. Fortunately it did work out for me, but it's no guarantee.
I can empathise with how you're feeling right now though! Just know that if it doesn't work out this season it will do next season.

Happened to me last year. Guessing cause I was a 7-6 it was very low down the priority scale, but months and months rolled past by without an observation. The best way I found was just trying to start a friendly conversation with the observation appointing guy.

Having dugouts and technical areas to control is one of the things you’re marked against.
Quite true.
However, the behaviour of technical area occupants / team officials can be easily monitored and the LOTG / Comp rules applied without dugouts and TA's. Appropriate action can be taken as necessary against offenders, with or without such markings or structures.
Many 5 - 4 observations take place without the benefit of such facilities and can be refereed / observed / marked quite adequately and properly.

Quite true.
However, the behaviour of technical area occupants / team officials can be easily monitored and the LOTG / Comp rules applied without dugouts and TA's. Appropriate action can be taken as necessary against offenders, with or without such markings or structures.
Many 5 - 4 observations take place without the benefit of such facilities and can be refereed / observed / marked quite adequately and properly.
It’s a line of 50 spectators, coaches and players with no where else to really go. Not really a good test compared to the next step up you’re going for (women’s national league)

Back