A&H

Open Age Worst game ever

I Know of at least one Facility in my locality that is covered by CCTV :)
How many CFA's would accept Footage of an offence that the referee believes warrants a Red Card ????????????

None that I have heard of, unless you want to go down the road of the same evidence damming the referee also, which is, to the best of my knowledge, inadmissible at the moment

The Referee Store
I’m experienced in knowing that they work on the burden of proof, a balance if probably, should that dip below a certain perceived percentage then they don’t pursue the cases, They can’t spoil their win percentage that remains almost 100%....

I Know of at least one Facility in my locality that is covered by CCTV :)
How many CFA's would accept Footage of an offence that the referee believes warrants a Red Card ????????????

Mine does.

Actually has two clauses for it:

1. Video evidence to prove a claim of mistaken identity appeal

That will be heard by the panel.

2. Video evidence to show a red card offence that an official has missed in a match.

Will be heard by a panel and dealt with via the appropriate sanction.

I have an inkling I've had one red overturned last season and I know teams have appealed misconduct reports, or they don't show up on the punishment board, but I can't say for certain. Though, to be fair, I'm not fussed. I send in my reports and my CFA deal with it, if they think I've done something wrong I'm sure they'd be letting me know and guiding me in the right direction. I'd hope anyway.

I'll obviously make the reports I need to make but to be honest debating whether I quit refereeing,

I hope you don't, but Sir Alex Ferguson once said (to Graeme Poll apparently) that when the best time to leave is when it starts to stop being fun. There's no point continuing if it is a slog.

Maybe a short break over the holidays might be better? Lets you switch off and recharge the batteries? I understand where you're coming from regarding respect, this season has been particularly rough and I've said it a few times in various other topics. The advice given to my group has been to continue as normal and not to try and police anything in anyway differently than we would normally do. I wonder if that will change at some point.

Once I’ve had chance to relax after next weeks fixture ill probably feel differently - in fact after today I’ll feel differently with the stresses of work leading up to xmas :D

Once I’ve had chance to relax after next weeks fixture ill probably feel differently - in fact after today I’ll feel differently with the stresses of work leading up to xmas :D
Great way to deal with the stress of the game. Put it to the back of your mind & look forward :)

'Tis the season to be jolly... verbally abused for awarding a penalty, verbally abused for sending off a 'keeper for 2 yellows, verbally abused for letting the team lose a 4-0 lead, verbally abused for letting them lose on KFTPMTDTO.

In other news, 55 year old with heart condition keeps pace with kids not much older than his grandchildren for nearly 90 minutes.

'Tis the season to be jolly... verbally abused for awarding a penalty, verbally abused for sending off a 'keeper for 2 yellows, verbally abused for letting the team lose a 4-0 lead, verbally abused for letting them lose on KFTPMTDTO.

In other news, 55 year old with heart condition keeps pace with kids not much older than his grandchildren for nearly 90 minutes.
This might be the first abbreviation which itself needs abbreviating :wow:

In other news LGI is on standby as Hammy realises what he retired the other season!! :angel:

Just returned from literally the hardest game I've ever refereed - green v blue 2-2 AET, 2-4 on penalties with 11 cautions and 2 dismissals (7 and 1 to home team 4 and 1 to away team).

HT had 5 cautions, 3 for FT, 1 for C3 and 1 for HB (tried scoring with his hand)

6th caution added in second half - C1 - another simple caution. Dismissed the home team manager from the vicinity for making a number of comments to me - none of which merited a dismissal alone.

Extra time it becomes 2-1 to home team with 4 more cautions - all standard tactical fouls (apart from one which was dissent). With 5 minutes to go, away team CB makes a challenge which denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity so I dismissed him. I kept having to stop the watch for stoppages but in the 120th minute the away team have a corner which the away GK comes up for. Home 17's arm came out and the ball hit it at the top of the arm. I felt that his arm went towards the ball and as such gave the away team a penalty at the end. Everyone goes ballistic, I get called most names you could think of - including a cheating whatever which was nice of him (all of which were spectators). Home team manager runs onto the pitch, Penalty got scored and home 17 gets a second caution for dissent. Penalty scored and ends up as a shootout which the away team wins.

After the game, the home team manager tries talking to me about it in the car park before referencing events which happened two years ago, refusing to accept anything I had to say. When I informed him of the report to the spectator that was going through he said 'prove it' to which I answered 'I can't. How can you prove he didn't?'

Basically the response was that he would say the spectator in question never said it, the spectator would say he didn't and all the parents (mens game but young team) would say that he didn't say it either.

What is the point of reporting misconduct to the FA when it's going to get appealed, at a hearing they'll lie about everything. Especially when I have no faith in the FA since when I was once unable to attend a personal hearing as a witness through illness they tried charging ME.

Rant about the game over, I'll obviously make the reports I need to make but to be honest debating whether I quit refereeing, I've had injury setbacks over the last couple of seasons, large criticisms of a video which ended up getting a fair amount of views on twitter and now this. There's no enjoyment anymore where nobody has respect for referees.
I had exactly the very same two
Weeks ago see my post nightmare game !
It looks like all my reports went through ok as I’ve heard nothing so it seems all the punishments will be handed out ! But I felt exactly the same as you do honestly !! But I’m going to try and keep going ! But I feel for you as I know after my game exactly how you feel about things try and stivk
In there

Back