A&H

YC for unnamed Team Officials

The Referee

Question one:
A person is stood in the technical area and is clearly involved with the team (he knows the players, gives instructions, ect) but he is NOT named on the team sheet; he can't be cautioned, right?

Question two:
Were a team official commits a cautionable offense but the perpetrator cannot be identified, the senior team official gets the caution. If the perpetrator is known but refuses to provide his name, can this be interpreted as him being unidentified (and therefore, requiring the senior team official to be cautioned)?

The Referee Store
Question one:
A person is stood in the technical area and is clearly involved with the team (he knows the players, gives instructions, ect) but he is NOT named on the team sheet; he can't be cautioned, right?
If he's not named on teh team sheet, then he cannot be in the technical area. Deal with the simple issue proactively before it gets more complicated.

Question two:
Were a team official commits a cautionable offense but the perpetrator cannot be identified, the senior team official gets the caution. If the perpetrator is known but refuses to provide his name, can this be interpreted as him being unidentified (and therefore, requiring the senior team official to be cautioned)?
Arguably, you could treat this the same way you treat a player.

"Oh, you won't give your name? Here's a second caution, now leave."

When I have multiple team officials in a technical area, before the match starts, I go through the team sheet, and make sure to introduce myself to each one to get their names. Makes my life way easier if there's any issues in that technical area.

Question one:

Question two:
For those of us without Team Sheets, I make an effort before KO to 'know my team officials' same as I would 'know my captains'. Inability to identify whose who by first name at least, is embarrassing and likely to add insult to melting pot. When in doubt, the senior team official ought to carry the can, because they're the most accountable person present and will almost certainly know the perpetrator's ID. This will save CFA's a ton of effort in terms of chasing ghosts and I can't see a downside to this law change

For those of us without Team Sheets, I make an effort before KO to 'know my team officials' same as I would 'know my captains'. Inability to identify whose who by first name at least, is embarrassing and likely to add insult to melting pot. When in doubt, the senior team official ought to carry the can, because they're the most accountable person present and will almost certainly know the perpetrator's ID. This will save CFA's a ton of effort in terms of chasing ghosts and I can't see a downside to this law change
Pretty much this. You don’t want to be approaching somebody being mouthy on the sideline and use an opening line of ‘are you a team official/on the team sheet’

Back