A&H

Yellow then straight red?

Reuben Watt

Good evening!
Can you givery someone a yellow and then a straight red? If you can how would you file your report? Would you do both incidents?

The Referee Store
Yes you can, doesn't happen often, but you can do it. You report both incidents, one as a caution and then the second one as a dismissal.

Yep, I gave a young adult a yellow card for incessant dissent after a penalty award, as I carded him he turned around and called me a Fkin cnut under his breath..I have bat ears, I turned him around and gave him the complete set!! :redcard:

Yep report both only in the case of two cautions - red you don't report the first caution!

That isn't right, assuming I have read it as you intended. If a player gets sent off for S7 - i.e. receiving two cautions in the same game then you just report the sending off and don't report the first caution as well.

Whereas if a player gets a caution in the game and then later gets a straight red you report the caution and the sending off incident.

The way the Association reports sanctions here that is correct, we were told when you issue a yellow then a second yellow followed by a red you don't need to report the first caution as it is factored into the red report.

In a case when there is a caution and then straight red you report the original yellow separately.

Had something like these lines a few years ago. Player went down easily looking for a penalty, I gave nothing, the other team went up the other end and put a shot wide. The guy's still sat down in the goal area, and wants the physio on. While receiving 'treatment' he engages in verbals with the player who supposedly fouled him, to the point he talked himself into getting a caution for C1 (AA). As he walks off behind the goal, I inform I'm cautioning him, and before taking the name or showing the card, he tells me to "f*** off you c***". I only showed the red instead of the yellow then the red, so there was no doubt that it wasn't a mistaken second caution, but as I had already told him I was giving him a yellow, I still reported it.

He gave me some more after showing the red, but that's another story for another day!

The way the Association reports sanctions here that is correct, we were told when you issue a yellow then a second yellow followed by a red you don't need to report the first caution as it is factored into the red report.

In a case when there is a caution and then straight red you report the original yellow separately.

Which is exactly what I said ..?!

Back