A&H

"You ruining the game ref!"

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
I hear this week in and week out.
Yesterday red Vs orange, orange defender get himself cautioned within 4 minutes, for a foul tackle. After that same player is chirping in my ear at every decision, so I told him to stop that or he'll spend 10 minutes in bin. Start of second half he earned his place in bin, at this point I'm racking my brain wether he can come back on or needs to be subbed.
Didn't get that far, as one of red players, looses his foot and trips orange player, even before I whistled he's shouting, I look at him gesturing for a card. I look back at him, walk towards him and give him a second caution and a dismissal.
His words... You guessed it... " You are ruining the game ref" I replied thank you for your opinion, now leave the field

The Referee Store
I hear this week in and week out.
Yesterday red Vs orange, orange defender get himself cautioned within 4 minutes, for a foul tackle. After that same player is chirping in my ear at every decision, so I told him to stop that or he'll spend 10 minutes in bin. Start of second half he earned his place in bin, at this point I'm racking my brain wether he can come back on or needs to be subbed.
Didn't get that far, as one of red players, looses his foot and trips orange player, even before I whistled he's shouting, I look at him gesturing for a card. I look back at him, walk towards him and give him a second caution and a dismissal.
His words... You guessed it... " You are ruining the game ref" I replied thank you for your opinion, now leave the field
My one question to you, is do you think that incident was sufficient enough to be a caution for dissent whilst he was in the sin-bin?

If you think it was, then your actions are correct and there's nothing else you can do!!

My one question to you, is do you think that incident was sufficient enough to be a caution for dissent whilst he was in the sin-bin?

If you think it was, then your actions are correct and there's nothing else you can do!!
Both the shouting(reason it was in sin bin) and the gesture of a card, when the foul was pretty innocuous, as red player lost his footing and fell, bringing down the orange player.

There’ll always be players on a pitch that enjoy being a pain in the a%#e… You simply gave him what I bet he wanted… some attention from his mates after the game,

Back