A&H

Champions League Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
However the leg shouldn’t have been there because he shouldn’t have been challenging the GK as he had ‘control’ of the ball.....hence why it is a foul and disallowed goal.

Why did the ref allow it then, I’m yet to read an official report that the goal was awarded incorrectly.

The Referee Store
However the leg shouldn’t have been there because he shouldn’t have been challenging the GK as he had ‘control’ of the ball.....hence why it is a foul and disallowed goal.

Since when can you challenge someone from 3 yards away?

I’m inclined to agree.. if it was 13yrds and Benzema stuck a boot out are we still moaning?

Until there is a distance in law set out then it’s down to the ref what is fair & not fair.

I think the blame lay with keeper not the quick thinking attacker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JH
I’m inclined to agree.. if it was 13yrds and Benzema stuck a boot out are we still moaning?

Until there is a distance in law set out then it’s down to the ref what is fair & not fair.

I think the blame lay with keeper not the quick thinking attacker.

Ok, consider the attempted challenge as ‘attempting to prevent the release ‘ and you’ll get there.....

Great advice @Mintyref, definitely on the right path! How is that new ramp for your motability scooter?? :cool: Quite an addition to Minty Meadows!!
It's an 8.2 metre Sprint training track with a special grippy' finish. And it is finished after mixing the last 0.15 cube by hand........must remember to re-measure after fixing the shuttering in place........

It's an 8.2 metre Sprint training track with a special grippy' finish. And it is finished after mixing the last 0.15 cube by hand........must remember to re-measure after fixing the shuttering in place........
500FF47C-2D42-427E-86E9-0E2B7A458093.jpeg
First to games now Minty, you’ll be showing these new breed a clean pair of heels. Looks like you may need a wingman for the next World Cup in Quatar!

Hard to spot? One of the highest rated guys in middle with one helper ten yards away who is designated to pick up what the ref cant see in the 6 yard box and 1ar who is not looking for offside here so was looking at what?!

I never saw the whole game so this is first time I have seen this tbh.
If three officials in the quarter final couldn't see that Milner played the ball toward goal rather than a City player, and disallowed a good goal, I'm not sure why they'd see this. (Just saying.)

Ok, consider the attempted challenge as ‘attempting to prevent the release ‘ and you’ll get there.....

The ball was released it traveled 2-3yrds.

Keepers arm fully extended & ball released from hand travelling nicely through the air to its destination.

He didn't attempt to prevent the release, Karius was able to release it just fine. Just a shame he chose to release it into Benzema's foot, Karius' fault, not Benzema's.

Wrong.

Karius was in the process of releasing the ball when Benzema moved his foot into the way, meaning that Karius couldn’t release the ball without it hitting his outstretched foot....

Karius still had ‘control’ of the ball when Benzema moved to prevent the release...or at best moved into a position whereby the only possible release was straight into his foot....given the timing and distance involved the GK couldn’t do anything else as he had already started to release the ball when the obstruction appeared.

Delude yourselves all you want.....it was a foul, albeit a difficult one to spot in real time....

Wrong.

Karius was in the process of releasing the ball when Benzema moved his foot into the way, meaning that Karius couldn’t release the ball without it hitting his outstretched foot....

Karius still had ‘control’ of the ball when Benzema moved to prevent the release...or at best moved into a position whereby the only possible release was straight into his foot....

Assuming it's a foul, at what distance is it okay to anticipate a goalkeeper releasing then? 3 yards you say no, 5?, 10?

OR

It's not a foul, because sticking your leg out 3 yards from an opponent is not challenging them or preventing them from doing anything. It's preventing an outcome, but not a release.

Wrong.

Karius still had ‘control’ of the ball when Benzema moved to prevent the release...or at best moved into a position whereby the only possible release was straight into his foot....given the timing and distance involved the GK couldn’t do anything else as he had already started to release the ball when the obstruction appeared.

Delude yourselves all you want.....it was a foul, albeit a difficult one to spot in real time....

You say in real time.. so are u saying if Benzema didn’t move a muscle and the ball hit him it’s a goal?

Wouldn't work with fly kicks as the ball can be a couple of yards outside before it's kicked.
But that would be the GK's choice... and it would also encourage them to kick from clearly inside the area, possibly saving us from another "football expects" annoying unenforced law... killing two birds with one stone!

If three officials in the quarter final couldn't see that Milner played the ball toward goal rather than a City player, and disallowed a good goal, I'm not sure why they'd see this. (Just saying

Off topic! Give over!!

Right, Karius decided to throw the ball to his right back as soon as he took control of it. In a free kick situation when the kicker decides to play it quickly we're not bothered that the attacker's not the required distance. So, the keeper's thrown it quickly, the attacker's stuck his foot out (in a non dangerous movement) and the ball struck the attacker's foot then ended up in the goal. Let's stop trying to blame the officials for this; the goalkeeper f***ed up, it's a goal.

Reactions: JH
Right, Karius decided to throw the ball to his right back as soon as he took control of it. In a free kick situation when the kicker decides to play it quickly we're not bothered that the attacker's not the required distance. So, the keeper's thrown it quickly, the attacker's stuck his foot out (in a non dangerous movement) and the ball struck the attacker's foot then ended up in the goal. Let's stop trying to blame the officials for this; the goalkeeper f***ed up, it's a goal.

Wrong.

Karius still had ‘control’ of the ball when Benzema stuck his foot in the way of the intended release.....thereby attempting to prevent the gk releasing the ball....thus its an offence and no goal.

Although very difficult to pick up in real time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back