A&H

Cheat or not?

a perfect example of why we dont let supporters officials or subs give offside in scotland,asking for trouble

The Referee Store
Even when playing you are still a referee, and your actions reflect on your position as a duly appointed representative of your CFA. In this case, poorly.

Another reason why playing and refereeing do not mix.
I'm sorry but I would have to disagree. It seems to me that if no referees were players (and vice versa) then firstly there would be a lot fewer referees around (something that nobody needs) and secondly the game as a whole would be a lot poorer for it.

Full disclosure - I was also in the past a referee and a player (and a coach and a parent of a player) so I may be slightly biased.

Anyway to me, the main thing to be taken from DB's story is just a reinforcement of my belief that it's not a good idea for CAR's to be asked to give offside decisions in the first place.

Reactions: DB
Padfoot has tried to make this argument before and didn't win any friends last time with it ;-)

Back on topic....saying that all the 50-50 calls are going one way is an attack on your consistency, not your integrity, IMO. I think the implication that you're favouring the home team is too soft to really deal with it as a cheating accusation.

I had this with a club Lino yesterday home team blues was at time 3-0 or 3-1 up keeper from blue team comes running out and the away team reds claim hand ball i then wave it off and just say nothing as I thought it was not handball and came off keepers shoulders but anyway I give a free kick to blue the other end for putting his hand on his shoulder and wrapping his arm around his arm simple free kick only thing is they score off of it making it 4-1 so obviously couple minutes have gone and I'm now blowing for the half time interval the defensive player comes up and says he won the ball but told him he was holding him and then told him I've explained myself and if he did not move away I'll be cautioning him anyway I then tell him what it was for but he continues to shout so I then tell him to move away twice and does not so I take his name and told him I was going to report him as I was not going to stand for it game in the end finished 4-2

Padfoot has tried to make this argument before and didn't win any friends last time with it ;-)

Back on topic....saying that all the 50-50 calls are going one way is an attack on your consistency, not your integrity, IMO. I think the implication that you're favouring the home team is too soft to really deal with it as a cheating accusation.

The truth is often unpalatable and unpopular......

I had this with a club Lino yesterday home team blues was at time 3-0 or 3-1 up keeper from blue team comes running out and the away team reds claim hand ball i then wave it off and just say nothing as I thought it was not handball and came off keepers shoulders but anyway I give a free kick to blue the other end for putting his hand on his shoulder and wrapping his arm around his arm simple free kick only thing is they score off of it making it 4-1 so obviously couple minutes have gone and I'm now blowing for the half time interval the defensive player comes up and says he won the ball but told him he was holding him and then told him I've explained myself and if he did not move away I'll be cautioning him anyway I then tell him what it was for but he continues to shout so I then tell him to move away twice and does not so I take his name and told him I was going to report him as I was not going to stand for it game in the end finished 4-2

When you say you took his name and told him he was being reported surely you mean you cautioned him for dissent.

It was a club Lino not a player
Please excuse my ignorance but the only thing that I understood (with regards to your post about a club lino) is that you had one at your game.. The rest of your post reads as you cautioned a player and also took a players name for your report?

Ah ok your orginal post says:
the defensive player comes up and says he won the ball but told him he was holding him and then told him I've explained myself and if he did not move away I'll be cautioning him anyway I then tell him what it was for but he continues to shout so I then tell him to move away twice and does not so I take his name and told him I was going to report
Which sounds like he should be cautioned not reported!!

Last edited:
Right I took the name of the the Lino so that I could report him and which I have done for his actions

Back