A&H

Cup Appointments....

oh ok, obviously not every CFA gives a gift, ours is in lieu of payment (we can claim mileage) + a trophy/medal

let us all know what you get!

The Referee Store
Shirt, , blazer, trousers, CFA tie ... no jeans/chinos/tracksuit

I HATE officials turning up for a senior game in jeans and chinos thinking that's smart! the 'worst' thing I do occasionally is wear my midlayer top over my shirt and tie and under my blazer

@zarathustra @PinnerPaul - congrats to you both ... I have already my evening which sounded very similar (although same as @zarathustra we didn't find out until the evening what game or capacity) great evenings, we had Anthony Taylor planned to do a speech, but he was given the Tottenham/Wes Brom early kick off on the Saturday, so a Friday PM presentation wasn't in his best interests! we had the National Referee Development Manager instead come down! great stuff!!

have either of you had an email regarding jacket/clothes sizes? Essex CFA are providing a nice Nike warm up jacket for all officials, that'll be hanging nicely in our changing room on the day!

We held a 'Cup Final' related evening out our society last night were we went through all things to think of before the final - everything from doing a bit of history check on the 2 teams, how their seasons have gone etc. to your appearance on arrival, what to wear, when warming up (socks up/socks down, shirt tucked in/untucked etc.) all the way through to going over basic AR signals, and situations and the 4th Official role! (we even had Dagenham Redbridge FC very kindly donate their electronic board to us for the evening)

In Essex, found this out last night, the electronic board is only permitted for use in the 4 main finals - so Essex Senior Cup, Essex Womens Cup (both sponsored by BBC Essex this year), the Saturday Premier Trophy and the Sunday Premier Trophy.

No ones mentioned freebies. When I was 4th official on a final a few years ago, I WAS given a County branded coat.........that I had to return after the match!:(;)

On the subject of selection criteria, the invite to the evening from the appointments officers said this "These (the appointments) are in recognition for all the help you have given me and xxxx over the past few months"

I HATE officials turning up for a senior game in jeans and chinos thinking that's smart! the 'worst' thing I do occasionally is wear my midlayer top over my shirt and tie and under my blazer

Should have added - that refers to the evening - obviously it will the same for the match!

Mines not until April Charlie, so hoping not too many layers needed by then!:cool:

I'm back on the line for "purples" again this weekend btw - have done anymore "greens" games since our last exchange? (Not sure if I've got those colours right!:p)

ooo when in April? mines on the 9th April in sunny Canvey Island! so I'm hoping it will be a sunny affair also.

oh really? awesome! I haven't done anymore 'greens' recently, no - although I know they are having a mare currently, shame.

ooo when in April? mines on the 9th April in sunny Canvey Island! so I'm hoping it will be a sunny affair also.

oh really? awesome! I haven't done anymore 'greens' recently, no - although I know they are having a mare currently, shame.

4th April I think Charlie, in not so sunny Middlesex!

Purples are having a worse season - need 3 or 4 wins to have a chance of staying up.

I don't have a blazer or County tie.

Will speak to my RDO about getting a county tie on Monday.

I think my 3pc suit and brigade of guards tie (along with a fetching grenadier lapel badge will have to suffice).

If I can get a chain I might even get the pocket watch out. For no other reason than because I can.

Mine is on the 28th of April let's hope the weather holds up North!!! :cool::cool:

I did a County Cup Final and we got given loads of freebies.

We got a new kit, including Warm Up jacket. We were offered a hotel to have a spa day to relax on the afternoon of the game but we all declined it as we had work.

Told to turn up in whatever we wanted, so rocked up in my shorts and t shirt which were comfortable. Took a spare pair of jeans which I wore in the bar after at our Free Bar. Me and the other Lino left at 3am! Battered.

Annoyed yet?!?!? Haha I loved last years post. In reality all I got was expenses and a tie but I bet some of you got really wound up reading that!

Enjoy your day guys!

I got a free tie and a keyring.

I've been appointed to run the line for one of the youth games, which I'm more than happy with, although I've not done any youth football all season, and I think I left that box un ticked when I registered as well.

But I'm not complaining, I'll be out there giving my best

I got a free tie and a keyring.

I've been appointed to run the line for one of the youth games, which I'm more than happy with, although I've not done any youth football all season, and I think I left that box un ticked when I registered as well.

But I'm not complaining, I'll be out there giving my best
Congrats matey. All the best, when is your fixture?

Congratulations to all.

So my season so (March to March) far 3 below standard expected assessments (meaning no promotion)

45 middles
55 lines
International football tournaments
Cup county semi final youth middle
County cup veterans final line
Reserve league cup semi-final
First games in intermediate football

So all and all an improvement on last season

My county veterans final I think I get clothing and medal

I did a County Cup Final and we got given loads of freebies.

We got a new kit, including Warm Up jacket. We were offered a hotel to have a spa day to relax on the afternoon of the game but we all declined it as we had work.

Told to turn up in whatever we wanted, so rocked up in my shorts and t shirt which were comfortable. Took a spare pair of jeans which I wore in the bar after at our Free Bar. Me and the other Lino left at 3am! Battered.

Annoyed yet?!?!? Haha I loved last years post. In reality all I got was expenses and a tie but I bet some of you got really wound up reading that!

Enjoy your day guys!

i wasn't annoyed, but i have just shredded my housing application to move to West Riding :p:p

I don't have a blazer or County tie.

Will speak to my RDO about getting a county tie on Monday.

I think my 3pc suit and brigade of guards tie (along with a fetching grenadier lapel badge will have to suffice).

If I can get a chain I might even get the pocket watch out. For no other reason than because I can.

oi oi! im busting out my 3pc too ... special occasions and all that! i hate county ties, so crap - need a nice chunky tie and 'knots' properly, cant get my double Windsor on the CFA ones

Back