A&H

Die Mannschaft v Svenska

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means, if it was VAR in ear, (and we will never know if it was), then, we wil never know if it was
Am content AR got involved, esp given his clear confident flag for the fk

The Referee Store
You're suggesting that 9 referees effectively cheated. That's not something you should just be throwing out there for laughs.
No, that was JH in post #99. But he's since said he didn't mean a FIFA rep would actively get involved. So, I can imagine that just by being there it means that the VAR won't say "hang on, looked like an obvious yellow" down the mic...

It seems to me that, once again, you are jumping in where VAR might be flawed, and finding some way to defend it. As I asked in the other thread, do you have a horse in this race?

It seems to me that, once again, you are jumping in where VAR might be flawed, and finding some way to defend it. As I asked in the other thread, do you have a horse in this race?

What are you talking about? I'm replying to someone suggesting that FIFA refs might have cheated by telling the referee to give a 2nd yellow when the protocols don't allow it. How are you shifting this to VAR and my thoughts on it?

What a complete mess. Blatant foul that should have been a penalty to Sweden and a red card for Boateng. Was it a clear and obvious error by the referee? I think so, and it was certainly far more blatant a penalty than the France vs Australia game that was reviewed.

Got the Boateng second caution right eventually, but it looked terrible. I can only hope it was the assistant or 4th official rather than anything coming from Moscow, but the conspiracy theorists will be out in force.

Suspect Sweden might well have a grumble over the 5 minutes of stoppage time, that seemed a tad excessive to me, especially by European refereeing standards.

What are you talking about? I'm replying to someone suggesting that FIFA refs might have cheated by telling the referee to give a 2nd yellow when the protocols don't allow it. How are you shifting this to VAR and my thoughts on it?
Hang on - re-read the posts - it was about VAR. That's why VAR is relevant.

(EDIT: Re-read posts 98 and 99
https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/die-mannschaft-v-svenska.11849/post-118985
https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/die-mannschaft-v-svenska.11849/post-118986
...still genuinely interested if you are work with VAR or may be in the future, or if you have some relationship with the process?)

Hang on - re-read the posts - it was about VAR. That's why VAR is relevant.

I'm replying to BC saying " am suggesting that the right decision was reached via questionable protocol" which I took to mean him saying that the VAR effectively cheated and told the ref it was a 2nd yellow. So it's not me saying anything about VAR (the system) it's about me defending a referee who has been accused/suggested of deliberately breaking the protocol and doing something that is wrong. I expect such accusations on a fan forum and not a referee forum.

I'm replying to BC saying " am suggesting that the right decision was reached via questionable protocol" which I took to mean him saying that the VAR effectively cheated and told the ref it was a 2nd yellow. So it's not me saying anything about VAR (the system) it's about me defending a referee who has been accused/suggested of deliberately breaking the protocol and doing something that is wrong. I expect such accusations on a fan forum and not a referee forum.
What, it's not about the system, it's about the sys.... what?

Chill out CW
The word in the ear likely came from an assistant, but it would be naive to rule out Moscow. And if it did come from Moscow, that wouldn't be 'cheating' as you put it, more a deviation from protocol. This is a protocol with a tendency to wander, is it not?

I think it was AR1 who saved him from a KMI
To be honest your posts are really annoying me at this point.

You said you think it was AR1 who advised the ref give a YC. But, I think it's fair to say, you have no idea. But still quite plausible. I think it might be the case.
I said, as did others, that it might have been VAR that advised the ref to give the YC. I think it's fair to say, we have no idea.
...and now you saying the latter is an "accusation" but the former is just, what, obviously the truth because you thought it?

It just comes across as really blinkered to me.

My banter with Santa wasn't aimed in your direction

Mine is!

I think it's healthy to debate this stuff healthily (if we can).
It would make sense to me if the video officials had the same freedom to advise the referee anytime the referee seeks their advice, the same as with ARs. This is what's in the LotG for "on field officials" and the "protocol" for VARs is separate and conflicting. To me that seems daft. I think it's great that the 2nd yellow was given in the case. And I think it's great if one of the other officials, whether an AR or VAR helped the referee make the right decision.

You said you think it was AR1 who advised the ref give a YC. But, I think it's fair to say, you have no idea. But still quite plausible. I think it might be the case.
I said, as did others, that it might have been VAR that advised the ref to give the YC. I think it's fair to say, we have no idea.
...and now you saying the latter is an "accusation" but the former is just, what, obviously the truth because you thought it?

We'll never know. The army of officials got the decision right, so who cares? Let's not lose sight of the fact that football is still run by an organisation in the gutter. Being an honest and committed grass roots referee, does not preclude me from ridiculing processes they are largely responsible for

For me this whole VAR & mixed interpretation as to what is actually going on out there is nothing but negative for the game, I’m struggling to find any overall worth while positive from it & how it’s going to improve football.

It really isn’t worth all the hassle, I understand systems & changes take time but VAR just opens more & more cans of worms.

Very difficult to praise or berate a referee at this tournament as none of the performances are a true reflection of there ability.

Sad really that it’s supposed to be the pinnacle of a refs career & yet how many of them will look back on this World Cup with fond memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

There are two realistic possibilities.

1) AR1 told the CR that this needed to be a yellow.

or

2) The VAR broke protocol and suggested a 2nd yellow when it's not allowed. And Marciniak accepted the advice even though he knows it's not allowed. And the FIFA representative in the VAR room, four other on field match officials, three other match officials in the VAR room are going to cover for a clear violation of the protocols. And FIFA will cover it up

Call me crazy but I'm betting on option #1.

I’m struggling to find any overall worth while positive from it & how it’s going to improve our football
Completely agree
However, I've spent the last couple of weeks coming to terms with the fact that we're stuck with it
With half the seats at the IFAB table, FIFA will never admit to rushing it through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back