A&H

Manager refuses to shake hand

I normally loiter near the center circle for a bit, get my flags and thank the CARs and then do one.

One interesting thing ive noticed since i started doing womens football is that many teams dont seem to want to shake hands.

Not that i care much, just something ive noticed compared to mens games where in my experience the majority of the time players seek you out, either while im stood on the pitch or on my way back to the changing rooms. I should point out ive also seen this when watching my Mrs play, so its not because i ruin games.

Interesting Z, can't see I've seen a difference between Womens PL and Ryman u18/21 (male) - my main AR duties this season.

All three pretty good in the main - about 80/90% of players come over and managers/coaches always do (Some for a moan, but you can't have everything!)

The Referee Store
I reffed womens football for a while and you're right, they don't shake your hand anywhere near as much as mens. There's virtually no dissent in women's football but I found it a bit boring.

Beware of generalisations, recent womens match I was AR on had 5 cautions and was a very "moany" affair.

I've long stopped caring about who shakes my hand or doesn't at the end of a game. Some players/managers will be as polite as anything, even if you've given several controversial things against them during the game. Others will use the slightest excuse to decide you're the worst ref ever.

It's the same reason I'm not a fan of using club marks as a decider for promotion.

Back